A man day hiking in Yosemite National Park, CA, has been missing since Saturday, officials reported Sunday evening.
Fred Zalokar, 61, from Reno, NV, was hiking from Happy Isles to the summit of Mount Clark using an off-trail route from Bunnell Point.
He did not return to Yosemite Valley as planned, and his current whereabouts are unknown.
Please email or call Yosemite National Park Dispatch at 209/379-1992 if:
- You may have seen Mr. Zalokar
- You were hiking off-trail between Merced Lake Trail and Illilouette/Merced Pass Trail, north of Red Peak Pass, on Saturday, June 17, or Sunday, July 18, 2021
- You were in the area of Mount Clark or Mount Starr King on July 17 or July 18, 2021. Simply knowing where you went and when you were there might help us focus the search, whether you saw anyone or not.
- Zalokar is 61 years old, 6 ft 0 in tall, weighs 150 pounds, and has gray hair and brown eyes.
Clothing and equipment include:
- Yellow shirt (in photo)
- Khaki shorts
- Calf sleeves
- Brown “Eastern Sierra” ballcap
- Sunglasses (in photo)
- Red Mammut Bullet Pack (old/faded)
- Black LED headlamp.
He also may be carrying a jacket of unknown type/color.
Zalokar was carrying a family band radio and maybe using bank 1/channel 1.