SnowBrains was founded in March 2013 by Miles Clark.
Miles is a professional freeskier, a professional mountain guide, a UC Berkeley molecular cell biology graduate, as well as founder & CEO of SnowBrains.
Our goal is to keep our friends informed in an intelligent way.
SnowBrains is intelligent, positive, and original.
We want to satisfy your lust for action and your desire for knowledge in an easily digestible format that you deem enjoyable.
Miles Clark – Founder & CEO
“I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area playing hoops, started skiing at 18, started surfing at 20, graduated from UC Berkeley with a degree in Molecular Cell Biology, took the MCAT & got a good score, moved to Tahoe, bailed on medical school, started ski bumming, never looked back.” – Miles Clark
- Graduate of the University of California at Berkeley – Major in Molecular Cell Biology, minor in Egyptology
- Editor-in-Chief at UnofficialNetworks.com, 2010-2012 – Took their traffic from 30K pageviews/month to 1.8M pageviews/month in my first 16 months there
- Mountain & Ski Guide – I’ve guided for Rainier Mountaineering Inc., St. Elias Alpine Guides, Ice Axe Expeditions, SASS Global Travel, and independently. Guiding locations include: Mt. McKinley Alaska, El Pico de Orizaba Mexico, Mt. Rainier WA (50+ summits), Antarctica (x5), Svalbard (x3), Yosemite, Patagonia, Denali National Park’s Ruth Gorge Alaska, Wrangell-St. Elias National Park Alaska, Haines Alaska, Valdez Alaska, Japan, more
- Professional Freeskier – I work with great companies and I’ve been fortunate to ski in Alaska, Antarctica, Svalbard, France, Switzerland, Italy, Argentina, Chile, Japan, Canada, every Western US state, and more
- Low-level Amateur Surfer. I’ve nearly drowned in NorCal, SoCal, BajaCal, Oahu, Kauai, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Peru, Indonesia, France, & Spain