SnowBrains.com was started in March 2013 by Miles Clark and Eric Bryant.
We’re a couple of guys from California who do nothing but ski, mountain bike, surf, study, write, and travel.
Our goal is to keep our friends informed in an intelligent way. SnowBrains.com is intelligent, positive, and original. We want to satisfy your lust for action and your desire for knowledge in an easily digestible format that you deem enjoyable.
Miles Clark, Co-Founder/Editor-in-chief
“I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area playing hoops, started skiing at 18, started surfing at 20, graduated from UC Berkeley with a degree in Molecular Cell Biology, took the MCAT & got a good score, moved to Tahoe, bailed on medical school, started ski bumming, never looked back.”
— other life spent —
- Graduate of University of California at Berkeley. Major in Molecular Cell Biology, minor in Egyptology.
- Editor-in-Chief at UnofficialNetworks.com, 2010-2012. Took their traffic from 30K pageviews/month to 1.8million pageviews/month in my first 16 months there.
- Mountain & Ski Guide. I’ve guided for Rainier Mountaineering Inc., St. Elias Alpine Guides, Ice Axe Expeditions, SASS Global Travel, and independently. Guiding locations include: 20,320′ Mt. McKinley Alaska, 18,700′ El Pico de Orizaba Mexico, 14,411′ Mt. Rainier WA (50 summits), Antarctica (x3), Svalbard (x3), Yosemite, Patagonia, Denali National Park’s Ruth Gorge Alaska, Wrangell-St. Elias National Park Alaska, Haines Alaska, Valdez Alaska, Japan, and more.
- Professional Freeskier. I work with many great companies and I’ve been fortunate to ski in Alaska, Antarctica, Svalbard, France, Switzerland, Italy, Argentina, Japan, Canada, every Western US state, and more.
- Low level Amateur Surfer. I’ve nearly drowned in NorCal, SoCal, BajaCal, Oahu, Kauai, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Peru, Indonesia, and more.
Eric Bryant, Co-Founder/CTO
“I come from Yuba City, CA, where I grew up farming beans, playing Halo, and skiing Squaw Valley. I have since moved to Tahoe where I am a Computer Science and Engineering student at University of Nevada, Reno, backshop ski tech at Granite Chief, and the person responsible if this site is broken (don’t worry, I’ll fix it).”
— resume —
– Senior Computer Science and Engineering Student, Minor in Business Administration & Mathematics, University of Nevada Reno
– 3+ Years web design experience
– 5+ Years graphic design experience
– Marmot Freeride Athlete, since 2011
– 2 Page Spread + 3 other photos, Powder Magazine December 2013 Issue
– 2 Page Spread, Mountain Magazine Photo Annual
– 4x Cover of Tahoe Weekly
– 19th FWT Kirkwood, 2011
— other life spent —
– Hoeing weeds out of bean fields
(Think wax on, wax off except in 110 degree heat and no water…maybe it’s more akin to walking through a desert…)
– Learning how to spin a pen
(Yup, I was that kid in high school more interested in flicking a pen around my finger than in what my teachers had to say)
– Falling off mountain bikes
(I think I’m the best around at this, currently trying to change that)
– Falling down mountains
(I don’t always fall, but when I do it’s big, fast, and a total yard sale)