In a surprising turn of events, Mad River has announced that they will be buying Sugarbush ski resort’s Mt. Ellen base area.
Even more surprising, Mt. Ellen will be Snowboard Only.
“…and yes, before you ask, Mount Ellen will be Snowboard-only!” – Mad River Glen president Jamey Wimble
Mad River Glenn will be putting in a high speed single chair (this if very Mad River Glenn) to get you from one resort to the other. Check out the graphic below:
“In keeping with our friendly nature, we plan on building a high-speed single chair that will connect the two mountains through Mount Ellen’s Brambles Woods and over to MRG’s Lower Antelope. You’ll be able to wait in line at Mad River Glen ‘s Single Chair bumping into old friends and then ride up quietly alone to the peak, ski down part way and then ride another, slightly faster chair to the top of Inverness at Mount Ellen.” – Mad River Glen president Jamey Wimble
– Mt. Ellen will be SNOWBOARD ONLY
– Mad River Glenn is SKIERS ONLY
– A high speed single chair named Dromedary will connect the two resorts
– Mad River Glenn shareholders will each invest $750 for new chair construction
– Mad River Glenn is the only skier owned co-op in America