The Winter Within: Whistler Blackcomb 360 Ski Video is a three dimensional, virtual reality (VR) video. Last spring a camera crew shot 360-degree footage over two days on the slopes of Whistler Blackcomb, attempting to capture in image the thrill of the hill.
Destination BC’s new (VR) ski video is a pioneering moment in travel promotion. With it they are hoping to attract more of the world’s skiing aficionados to their corner of the world. British Columbia is home to more than 13 ski resorts stretching out over ten mountain ranges.
“After VR gives travellers a ‘360’ immersive taste of the best skiing in the world, here in BC, we’ll have whet their appetite for the real thing.”
– Marsha Walden, President and CEO, Destination BC
How did they manage to capture the moment? The ski virtual reality video team used:
- 6 Camera Rig – GoPro Hero 4s (exterior shots)
- 6 Camera Rig – GoPro Hero 3+ Black’s (exterior shots)
- 2 Camera Rig – Kodak PixPro SP360 4K (interior shot Gondola)
- a Freefly Alta 6 drone for all exterior shots.