As well as its USA forecast, the Old Farmer’s Almanac has today dropped its Canada winter forecast too. And it’s a doozy… snow, snow, and more snow!
The Old Farmer’s Almanac has been helping readers to prepare for the season ahead with its 80 percent–accurate weather forecasts since 1791.
The 2024 Old Farmer’s Almanac Canadian Edition’s winter weather prediction is tailor-made for skiers, snow bunnies, and winter lovers across the country: snow and lots of it.
WINTER WHITEOUT: From the Atlantic seaboard to Arctic shores to the Pacific Coast—in almost every nook and cranny that typically sees snow—Canadians should expect oodles of fluffy white throughout the season. This will be coupled with seasonably chilly temperatures that are at or below normal.
WET AND MILD: Labrador and the very eastern tip of Newfoundland will be the real outliers this winter, with average or slightly above-normal temperatures and below-normal snowfall. Keep the shovels and umbrellas handy, though: The season is still expected to be very wet, with periods of snow and lots of rain.
SWEATER WEATHER: Winter in Southern British Columbia will be remembered for bouts of bone-chilling cold. Keep the fireplace going and hot cocoa at the ready! Snow and rainfall in the area will be near- or above normal for the season.
More Than Weather Predictions
After you come in from the cold, you’ll find The 2024 Old Farmer’s Almanac Canadian Edition perfect for cozying up with plenty that’s “useful, with a pleasant degree of humor,” including…
- When oceans bring snow: Ocean currents move atmospheric moisture, which affects the location and strengths of storms. As these currents slow, weather all over the planet is impacted, sometimes in extreme ways that may extend across centuries.
- Gardening for everyone (even those who don’t): Learn about the easiest garden edible that most aren’t growing (hint: it’s a key ingredient in baked goods), plants that go up in an actual puff of smoke, and the gardening trends blooming in 2024, including scratch-and-sniff plants and the continued push for no-lawn landscapes.
- Recipes for breakfast lovers: Enjoy fun facts about “warm cakes” while making blueberry buttermilk pancakes or traditional latkes, then try out a recipe for the hands-down, absolutely best bread for toast. It takes 18 hours, but it’s worth it! (Really.)
- Anecdotes & Pleasantries from Almanac readers: step-by-step instructions for hypnotizing your own foot, the protocol for when Groundhog Day goes horribly wrong, and handy tips for happiness.
- Stories that only the Almanac can tell: the case for being less prickly about porcupines; cures for colds, aches, and pains in a world of hurt; memorable Olympics moments; expert angling advice; tips on how to enjoy 2024’s total solar eclipse; an often forgotten (but very important) part of land ownership; and much, much more!
Where to Buy Your Copy
The 2024 Old Farmer’s Almanac Canadian Edition is available for just $9.99 on Amazon.ca. You can also find a digital edition of the 2024 Almanac in our Almanac General Store.
Looking for the U.S. winter weather predictions? See the U.S. winter map and forecasts for 2023–2024.