Tahoe is getting hit with a wet, warm, windy storm right now.
It’s currently raining at the base of Squaw (6,200′) and snowing at the top of the Funitel (8,000′). Winds are blowing 37-68mph at the top of Squaw and the temp at the top is 27ºF at 9:30am. The temperature at Squaw at 8,000′ is 31ºF at 9:30am.
“It’s actually really good for the top 2/3s of west face and 75 [runs off KT-22]. Lower than that is wet and shitty.” – Yimmers, talking about skiing Squaw this morning
Heavenly is closed for the day due to high winds, Squaw and Alpine have limited operations due to the high winds, and Sugar Bowl is getting snow and they’ve got everything open.
TAHOE SKI RESORT UPDATE @ 9:30am:
- Heavenly is closed for the day due to high winds.
- Squaw’s upper mountain is closed for the day due to high winds (only KT-22, Red Dog, Funitel open).
- Alpine Meadows only has Roundhouse open.
- Sugar Bowl has all their scheduled lifts open.
- Mt. Rose has everything open except Blazing Zepher 6
- Mammoth (not Tahoe) is doing well and the top – chair 23 – was open as of 9am.