This Chamonix report is a new weekly report that we’ll be bringing you through our partnership with Seven Twenty Productions out of Chamonix, France. Charlie Boscoe is the man that brings us these high quality reports. Charlie is an expeditions leader originally from the UK who has climbed all over the Alps and lead expeditions in India, Nepal, Africa, Everest, you name it. He lives in Chamonix and keeps his finger on the pulse of Cham’s skiing, rock climbing, and mountaineering conditions (Charlie’s blog).
We’re really looking forward to these weekly reports from the world’s most challenging ski center: Chamonix, France.
CHAMONIX SNOW REPORT FOR WEEK OF APRIL 14-18, 2013:
– Lots of bad weather and new snow the previous week (pre-April 14th)
– Sun & warm weather this week at all elevations & aspects
– Incredibly high avalanche risk due to rapid warming
– Skiers stayed out of the mountains due to the high avalanche danger
CHAMONIX WEATHER FORECAST:
– Snow today and tomorrow
– Mostly sunny through next week
– Possibly a big storm with a few days of snow next weekend
5 thoughts on “Chamonix Snow Report Video | High Temps & High Avalanche Danger Keep Skiers Out of the Mountains”
Hopefully they’re getting on some big stuff next week
We sure did Andreas, 43cm at the mid station on Flagere on Saturday morning, this is our best season in 50 years! Last year was the best in 12. Maybe we can make it best in 100 next year 🙂
This is cool. Cham reports = legit.
Thanks CA HI. We are really pleased to have partnered up with Snowbrains.com. More coming next week!