For the first time since 1992, a Colorado Front Range resort has failed to open in October.
There were outside hopes that either Arapahoe Basin or Loveland could potentially start the lifts turning on Saturday, but unfortunately, that did not happen.
Wolf Creek, in the San Juans, remains the only Colorado resort open. Credited with the most snow in Colorado, they opened on Wednesday, October 28th, 2020.
Last year, Arapahoe Basin opened on October 11th, just beating Keystone, who thought they’d won the #RaceToOpen when they announced they were opening on October 12th.
- 19/20: Arapahoe Basin, Colorado – October 11th
- 18/19: Wolf Creek, Colorado – October 13th
- 17/18: Arapahoe Basin, Colorado – October 13th
- 16/17: Arapahoe Basin, Colorado – October 21st
- 15/16: Killington, Vermont – October 18th
- 14/15: Arapahoe Basin, Colorado – October 17th
- 13/14: Arapahoe Basin, Colorado – October 13th
- 12/13: Wild Mountain, Minnesota – October 18th
- 11/12: Wolf Creek, Colorado – October 11th
- 10/11: Sunday River, Maine – October 23rd
- 09/10: Loveland, Colorado – October 6th
- 08/09: Loveland, Colorado – October 7th
The earliest opening in the last 10-years or so was October 6th, when Loveland pipped Arapahoe Basin by a couple of days.