Alpine Skiing at the 2022 Winter Olympics began on Saturday, February 5th, with the Men’s Downhill event. The competition will take place at the National Alpine Ski Center in Yanqing, located roughly 45 miles northwest of Beijing.
Mikaela Shiffrin, 26, the three-time Olympic medalist (two gold), three-time overall World Cup champion, and six-time world champion, could be going for gold in five alpine events in Beijing, calling it “a very aggressive game plan.” Depending on how many events she enters, Shiffrin could tie or break the record for most Olympic alpine skiing medals at a single games. The current record, 4, was set in 2002 by Croatia’s Janica Kostelic.
If you want to cheer Mikaela Shiffrin on, here’s her likely schedule in Beijing and how to watch those events.
- Sunday, Feb. 6 – Women’s Giant Slalom (Run 1) – 8:30 p.m. ET on NBC, USA, and Peacock
- Monday, Feb. 7 – Women’s Giant Slalom (Final Run) – 12:45 a.m. ET on NBC and Peacock
- Thursday, Feb. 10 – Women’s Super-G – 10:00 p.m. ET on NBC and Peacock
- Monday, Feb. 14 – Women’s Downhill – 10:00 p.m. ET on NBC and Peacock
- Wednesday, Feb 16 – Women’s Combined (Downhill) – 9:30 p.m. ET on NBC and Peacock
- Thursday, Feb. 17 – Women’s Combined (Slalom) – 1:00 a.m. ET on USA and Peacock