Ever wonder how big the Pacific Ocean is? Or perhaps the Atlantic? Or, did you ever consider the fact that it’s really one big ocean, which have divided into 5 primary basins? The TED Talk above explains that the ocean is not just big, it’s really, really BIG.
- Area of over 360 million square kilometers
- Contains 1.3 billion cubic meters of water
- Holds 97% of earths total water content
- Makes up 99% of earths biosphere (the place where things live)
- Harbors the true tallest mountain, Mauna Kea, at 10000 meters in height
- 50% of the worlds population lives within 100km of the coastline
2 thoughts on “Brain Post: How Big is the Ocean? | TED Talk”
I guess I should move closer to the coast to get with the party.
99% of the biomass? damn we need to breed more humans!