That’s right folks, Shaun White has started a rock band called “Bad Things.” They’ve signed with Warner Brothers, they’ve released a single, they’ll be releasing an album, and they’re going on tour. Their first single is called “Caught Inside” and you can listen to it above. Shaun plays guitar and sings and it’s not bad.
“White is one-fifth of Bad Things, which he formed in Los Angeles with childhood pals Anthony Sanudo (guitar) and Lena Zawaideh (drums). David LeDuke, formerly the lead singer of glam-punk band Billy Boy on Poison, will serve as frontman, while former Augustana member Jared Palomar will play bass.” – Huffington Post
It’s enough to make ya jealous. How come some people get all the talent? Shaun in only 26 and has dominated the Olympics and X-games on a snowboard, he’s also been dominating skate events at X games, and now he’s signed a record deal and is going on tour? Most people would be ecstatic and satisfied for life with just one of those three things.
Rob Schnapf (also produced Beck, Elliot Smith, The Vines) is producing the album. The initial single points to the band likely having an Indie Rock sound. This is a major record deal with all the included bells and whistles. Most musicians dream of an opportunity like this. For Shaun, this is just a side project.
The “Bad Things” 12 city tour starts in NYC on July 11th and ends in Minneapolis on August 9th.
BAD THINGS TOUR DATES:
- 7/11 – New York, NY – Popshop at Santos Party House (on sale now)
- 7/13 – Brooklyn, NY – Brooklyn Bowl (on sale now)
- 7/28 – Philadelphia, PA – Milk Boy (on sale 6/28)
- 7/30 – Washington, DC – DC9 (on sale 6/28)
- 7/31 – Burlington, VT – Higher Ground (on sale 6/28)
- 8/1 – Boston, MA – Great Scott (on sale 6/28)
- 8/3 – Providence, RI – Fete Lounge (on sale 6/28)
- 8/4 – Montreal, QC – Parterre Parc Jean Drapeau/Osheaga Festival (on sale now)
- 8/5 – Toronto, ON – El Mo (on sale 6/28)
- 8/7 – Chicago, IL – Lincoln Hall (on sale 6/28)
- 8/8 – Madison, WI – Frequency (on sale 6/28)
- 8/9 – Minneapolis, MN – Triple Rock (on sale 6/28)