You probably don’t need any more motivation to get excited about ski season, but although it is right around the corner, many of us still have one, two, or even three months until we will be sliding on snow again.
While we continue to wait patiently for the snowflakes to start flying, here are some of our favorite quotes from industry legends to get you stoked for the upcoming season. Pull them out anytime you want, because if you’re not skiing, you might as well be thinking about it.
#11 “Just ski down there and jump off something for cryin’ out loud!” – Shane McConkey
You have to love the straightforwardness of this—don’t think about it, just send it.
#10 “A pair of skis are the ultimate transportation to freedom.” – Warren Miller
If you know, you know.
#9 “A bad day skiing beats a good day at work.” – Unknown
This is an important reminder for when conditions aren’t perfect.
#8 “There is no such thing as too much snow.” – Doug Coombs
Most would agree, the more the better.
#7 “My goal is the same as every year–to not hurt myself.” – Bode Miller
Sending good vibes to everyone to have an injury-free season.
#6 “It is better to go skiing and think of God than go to church and think of sport.” – Fridtjof Nansen
For anyone who is religious and can only ski on the weekends, this one’s for you.
#5 “People weren’t made to fly, that’s why we make kickers.” – Warren Miller
This evolution wasn’t hard to figure out.
#4 “There is nothing better in life than sliding down snow before flying through the air.” – Shane McConkey
Building off the last quote, there is nothing quite like the feeling of flying.
#3 “I just love to be on my skis, skiing with my friends, just going out into the mountains and being in nature and skiing some powder. That’s the best thing.” – Candide Thovex
I think everyone can relate to this.
#2 “You can’t get hurt in the air.” – Unknown
Worry about the landing later.
#1 “Skiing is the best way in the world to waste time.” – Glen Plake
It is definitely time well wasted, but I wouldn’t necessarily call it wasting time if you’re doing something you love.
There are so many good quotes out there about skiing and riding that it was nearly impossible to choose our list. Below are an additional 11 quotes we think deserve notice.
- “When I get back on snow, it’s almost like I travel back in time to that feeling I used to have. That youthful, 6-year-old, ‘nothing else matters,’ ‘you’re sort of the center of the universe kind of a feeling.” – Mikaela Shiffrin
- “You are one with your skis and nature. This is something that develops not only the body but the soul as well, and it has a deeper meaning for people than most of us perceive.” — Fridtjof Nansen
- “I think the most important thing in skiing is you have to be having fun. If you’re having fun, then everything else will come easy to you.” — Lindsey Vonn
- “Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “If you don’t do it this year, you will be one year older when you do.” – Warren Miller
- “You won’t get hurt skiing if you don’t fall.” – Warren Miller
- “There’s something really cool about getting scared. I don’t know what.” – Shane McConkey
- “When you back off, it’s easier to make mistakes. For me, it’s better to ski fast.” — Bode Miller
- “Scare yourself every day.” – Sarah Burke
- “Sometimes it’s all about the win, sometimes it’s all about the skiing.” – Bode Miller
- “Skiing: the art of catching a cold and going broke while rapidly heading nowhere at great personal risk.” — Unknown
Did we miss any of your favorites? Keep the stoke going and post them in the comments below.