“Skiing and riding giveth and skiing and riding taketh away.” – john 3:16
Skiing and Snowboarding are incredible sports, but they do have their pitfalls. Over time, these pitfalls become more and more apparent. It’s not uncommon for one person to intimately experience both blades of this double-edged sword we call skiing and riding. At some point, one has to sit down and weight the good verse the bad and measure where one lies.
THE PROS & CONS OF SKIING AND SNOWBOARDING:
- “You’re living in a shitty shack without heat because you’re saving money to go to Chamonix to die.” – Lisa
- The Bro Brah scene
- Being broke
- “Not doing anything with your life (ie ski bumming)” – Josh
- Shitty jobs
- No girls
- “Not getting laid” – James
- Big medical bills
- “How you’re friends leave you after you get injured” – Rob
- “No matter what, you’re going to have fucked up knees when you’re old” – Mikey
- “Cult mountain gyms” – Lisa
- “When talking about skiing & riding you sound like a douche to anyone who doesn’t ski or ride” – Shaun
- “The orgasmic feeling of flying through the air” – Greg
- “Floating down a mountain as if on a dimensionless cloud of bottomless powder” – Eric
- “If you’re a ski bum, it’s an endless summer camp feeling” – Lisa
- Ski Travel
- Skier comraderie
- “Apres Ski!” – Melissa
- “Scaring the shit ouf of yourself, getting away unscathed, and loving every minute of it” – Matt
There you have it without any of the sugar coatings. The cons do seem to outweigh the pros, but that’s what makes these sports so magical. When it all comes together, skiing and snowboarding are untouchable.
Did we miss anything here? Let us know if we did.