Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, trekking to Machu Picchu on the Inca Trail and rafting the Grand Canyon have been listed as the top three adventures in the world, according to a new study.
The research was commissioned by a UK TV channel where a panel of travel experts, including explorer Steve Backshall, created a shortlist of the ‘greatest adventures around the world’, which was then put to a public vote.
Descending into the depths of Iceland’s Thrihnukagigur volcano, potholing in Vietnam’s Son Doong caves and reaching Everest Base Camp in Nepal also feature highly on the world’s greatest death-defying adventure list.
Here’s the list in full… how many of these make it on to your bucket list?
- Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
- Trekking along the Inca trail, Machu Picchu, Peru
- Rafting the Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Descending into Thrihnukagigur volcano, Iceland
- Exploring the Son Doong Caves, Vietnam
- Dog sledding to witness the Aurora Borealis, Norway
- Kayaking Arctic fjords, Greenland
- Reaching Base Camp Everest, Nepal
- Cruising the Antarctic
- Cage diving with sharks, Cape Town, South Africa
- Swimming with Humpback Whales, Mozambique
- Cave diving, Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico
- Diving the Great Barrier Reef, Australia
- Trekking the Great Wall, China
- Paragliding in the Alps, Switzerland
- Riding the Trans-Siberian Railway, Russia
- Volcano night trekking, Indonesia
- Hiking Mount Fuji, Japan
- Diving into Belize’s Great Blue Hole, Belize
- Finding the Lost City of Teyuna, Colombia