The snow is melting fast, the days are getting longer, and the streams and rivers are flowing in the Colorado Rocky Mountains surrounding Winter Park Resort. Summer is peeking around the corner, which means Winter Park will open its summer operations, including its famed Trestle Bike Park, on Friday, June 16, 2023.
- Related: Winter Park Resort, CO, Donates All Proceeds From Uphill Armband Sales to Local Non-Profits
Before Winter Park welcomes summer, though, it had to close out winter. The resort stopped spinning its lifts on Memorial Day, Monday, May 29, 2023, making the 2022/23 winter season its longest ever. May 29 also marked the latest Winter Park has stayed open for skiing and riding. May 25, 1999, was the previous latest opening. It opened for the season on October 31, 2022, its earliest opening ever. All in all, Winter Park was open for a record 211 days this winter season.
Now that Winter Park Resort is set on summer, crews work diligently to clear trails and prep the base area and lifts for summer visitors. Scenic Gondola rides, Colorado’s longest alpine slide, guided hikes and e-bike tours, and a season full of events await guests when the resort officially opens for summer on June 16. For more information about summer activities, visit here.
Winter Park Resort’s summer event schedule includes a mix of gatherings, food and drink samplings, live music, and more. From mid-June through early Fall, there’s something to do in Winter Park.
- 6/17: Venture Out Fest – two days of free activities and adventure to kick off summer.
- 6/24: TheBigWonderful Beer Fest – an event of craft brews, live bluegrass, and a market of local artisans and crafts.
- 8/26: Tacos & Margaritas – the culinary power duo is back for its second year. Pair street tacos with unique, hand-crafted margaritas and live music for a perfect afternoon in the mountains.
- 9/22 – 9/23: Rocky Mountain Wine Festival – kick off leaf-peeping season with unlimited, expertly selected wine sampling.
- Fridays (6/23 – 8/25): Coca-Cola Movie Nights
- Fridays & Saturdays (6/24 – 8/25): Mountaintop Happy Hour
- Saturday’s (7/1 – 8/26): Music at Gazebo