It seems as though there have been constant Winter Storm Warnings in the West this winter and it isn’t stopping in 2017. The majority of the Western U.S. is forecasted to get dumped on.
California received TONS of snow in the past few days and its just beginning. Up to 24″ of additional snowfall is forecasted there.
Utah and Colorado are in on the action as well with up to 30″ of snow possible in Colorado.
NOAA Has Issued Winter Storm Warnings For:
NOAA Has Issued Winter Weather Advisories For:
Over the next 8-14 days, it is looking like California, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, and Idaho will be the places to be if you’re looking for fresh snow.
Oregon: Up To 15″
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...TOTAL STORM ACCUMULATIONS 6 TO 12 INCHES. LOCALLY UP TO 15 INCHES ALONG THE ROUTE 20 CORRIDOR IN SOUTHERN DESCHUTES COUNTY. - NOAA Medford, OR Today
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...AN ADDITIONAL 3 TO 5 INCHES OF SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED TODAY WHICH WILL RESULT IN A STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATION OF 6 TO 9 INCHES IN THE VALLEYS AND 10 TO 15 INCHES IN THE MOUNTAINS ABOVE 5500 FT MSL MAINLY SOUTH OF WAYAN. - NOAA Boise, ID Today
Wyoming: Up To 20″
* SNOW TOTALS...8 TO 15 INCHES IN THE STAR VALLEY. 15 TO 20 INCHES IN THE SALT RIVER AND WYOMING RANGES. - NOAA Riverton, WY Today
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...15 TO 30 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS ON WEST FACING SLOPES. - NOAA Boulder, CO Today
Utah: 20-30+” Total
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...STORM TOTALS OF 20 TO 30 INCHES WITH LOCALLY GREATER AMOUNTS. - NOAA Salt Lake City, UT Today
* ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 6 TO 12 INCHES ABOVE 5000 FEET SOUTH AND WEST OF SUSANVILLE...2 TO 4 INCHES NORTH OF SUSANVILLE AND GERLACH...WITH 1 TO 3 INCHES FROM SUSANVILLE AND GERLACH SOUTH. - NOAA Reno, NV Today
* ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 6 TO 12 INCHES AT LAKE LEVEL WITH 1 TO 2 FEET ABOVE 7000 FEET. - NOAA Reno, NV Today