The 2013 Squaw Magazine is 100 pages, is out, and is online here:
The magazine comes out once a year and the first one was a huge success as it featured bios on all of Squaw’s favorite people like Robb Gaffney, Tom Day, Ingrid Backstrom, and more.
This year’s Squaw Magazine features:
1. Interview with Ingrid Backstrom (who actually left Squaw for Crystal Mountain, WA this year)
2. Old photos of the 1960 Winter Olympics at Squaw Valley
3. Info about the proposed new village
4. SnowBrains co-founder Eric Bryant looking like a total cheeseball on Page 27 in a Marmot Ad
5. A big article on Squaw’s racing history and future
6. Another big article on Squaw’s “Renaissance”
7. Brief write ups on Squaw’s yoga, food, racing, and culture.
8. Gallery with family ski/board fun photos
The magazine is well written thanks to Espn.com’s editor Megan Michelson writing most of the in depth material in this magazine. She’s a great writer with a lot of experience in Tahoe and she claims that:
“Even in a blinding fog, I could ski this mountain (Alpine Meadows). I’ve memorized every powdery nook, stray tree, and rolling curve.” – Megan Michelson