Brought to you by Loveland Ski Area
The 21st Annual Loveland Ski Area CAIC Corn Harvest Benefit is one of the best snow events Colorado has to offer. Ahh, springtime in the Rocky Mountains. As we wind down the 2022 season, it is time for everything from slush bumps and sunshine to the one last major dump of snow of the season and everything in between. It is also a time to celebrate the season and all the fun we had. It is also a time to reflect, acknowledge, and give back to those who worked tirelessly while we had all that fun. Here is why the Loveland Ski Area CAIC Corn Harvest Benefit is something you should attend.
If you are a backcountry traveler, this event is a no-brainer. Giving back to the CAIC helps fund their tireless effort of giving us the best information recreators and professionals need for all things snow. The CAIC daily forecasts and arms us with the information we need to make wise decisions while traveling in avalanche terrain. They post daily reports and update us on incidents on their website and maintain active social media platforms with videos and pictures so that we can learn through their professional insight. As the backcountry community continues to grow and expand through different sports, they will always be there to help us make the best decisions possible through their commentary and data.
It is going to be FUN! Apart from skiing at Loveland Ski Area, there will also be the option to go for a backcountry ski tour with local skiers; think less about the spots you have heard about and more about local stashes and lesser-known areas. If you want to kick off your boots and enjoy the apres-ski scene, there will be a BBQ lunch with buffalo burgers from Great Range Bison. There will also be live bluegrass music courtesy of the Corn Harvest Band, featuring Mark Morris, and members of the Rapidgrass Quintet. To top it all off, there will be raffles for prizes, including skis, bindings, and CAIC swag.
Details on the event:
- Saturday, April 30th, 2022
- $80 – Includes 1 Loveland lift ticket, BBQ lunch, two beer tokens, a lei, one drawing ticket, donation to FoCAIC, and a great day of skiing
- $40 – Does NOT Include Lift Ticket: BBQ lunch, two beer tokens, a lei, one drawing ticket, donation to FoCAIC, and a great day of skiing
- $115 – Includes lift ticket, BBQ lunch, two beer tokens, lei, three drawing tickets, a donation to FoCAIC, Corn Harvest hat (pictured below), a Puffin Drinkware Tumbler, and a great day of skiing.
- $85 – Does NOT Include Lift Ticket: BBQ lunch, two beer tokens, lei, three drawing tickets, a donation to FoCAIC, Corn Harvest hat (pictured below), a Puffin Drinkware Tumbler, and a great day of skiing
- Print your ticket or have your bar code ready on your phone for easy day-of check-in.
- 8:30 am – 9:30 am: Registration (pre and day-of). Morning registration will be in the lower level of the lodge at Loveland.
- 10:30 am and 1:30 pm: Tour Loveland’s sweet spots with a local who knows them; meet at the base of Chet’s Dream.
- 11:00 am – 1:00 pm: Lunch on the plaza at the base area
- 3:00 pm: Kegs tap on the upper deck! Music by Mark Morris and Friends on the plaza!
- 3:30 pm: Drawing prizes galore!!
As always, there will be some great gear, and other prizes raffled off after hitting the slopes. Your registration includes one drawing ticket, but bring extra cash and buy more to support your avalanche center!
To continue the T-Shirt tradition, 2022 Corn Harvest T-Shirts are available on the Bonfire website. These will not be available at the event and do not include ticket/entry.
Let’s help the CAIC get to their funding goals and have some fun!