Just three days after announcing that they were introducing a reservation system for ALL skiers and riders, Crystal Mountain, WA, has reversed the decision and instead will just be requiring parking reservations.
The original announcement came due to the popularity of the resort, to help offer the best guest experience possible during a busy season.
In an open letter titled ‘The Way Forward’ published Monday, Crystal Mountain Resort president and COO Frank DeBerry said: “we have decided to implement a reservations system for parking, instead of on lifts.”
Full letter below:
We have always been transparent when communicating with our dedicated community of skiers and riders and will continue to be open and honest about the issues we face. Our team has been working to address our most in-demand amenity, parking. In doing so, we have decided to implement a reservations system for parking, instead of on lifts. As a result, we have been able to maximize opportunities and capacity for our guests.
First and foremost, as is stated above, we will NOT be launching a lift reservations system tomorrow. Alternatively, we have developed the following options for our skiers and riders to select from to access the mountain.
Beginning this Saturday, January 8th, we will be significantly increasing the use of our overflow lot at the Expo Center/Fairgrounds located just off of 410 in Enumclaw.
- Free shuttle transportation will be available on a load-and-go basis this weekend, Jan. 8-9, allowing skiers and riders to begin loading at 6:30AM and run consistently until 1PM, with return departures starting at 2PM running until 6PM.
- Shuttles will run Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays throughout the season.
- This weekend, Jan 8-9, we will offer walk-on shuttle service without a reservation.
On Tuesday, January 11th, we will launch a parking reservations system for the on-mountain parking lots, allowing guests to book a parking spot Saturdays, Sundays, as well as MLK and Presidents Day.
- The first date when parking reservations will be required will be Saturday, January 15th. This on-site parking reservations system will continue to be supplemented with the shuttle-serviced overflow lot service throughout the season.
- The parking reservation link and more details will be available next week.
By providing an opportunity to either park in the limited on-mountain spaces available, or to select the use of the overflow lot and shuttle system, we will offer significantly more skiers and riders on-hill access on any given day.
In preparation for the coming weekend, with new snow expected to fall this week, we know it will be busy. In order for us to offer the best experience possible, we encourage you to book a seat on the shuttle, arrive early and pay close attention to our app and text notifications.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to find better ways to serve our community.
President & COO
FAQS STARTING JANUARY 11TH
- Guests must register their plate before making a reservation beginning January 11th
- Guests can have up to two parking reservations at one time
- A Lot permit holders will be exempt from parking reservations
- Hotel guests will park in designated spaces; no reservation needed if properly parked in respective overnight areas
- RV guests will be allowed one vehicle in the designated overnight parking area in B lot