Firefighters say it’s too early to know the cause of a blaze that ripped through the operations building at Mount Snow Ski Resort, VT although it looks like the Tuesday evening fire started in the carpentry shop.
Thankfully nobody was in the building when the fire started, which burned down the carpentry shop, snowmaking controls, electrical, plumbing, and offices.
We want to thank our local fire crews for their quick response to the Mount Snow Mountain Operations building fire.
Last night, Tuesday, June 4, 2019, a fire occurred at our mountain operations building. Local and regional fire departments responded quickly along with many members of our own Mount Snow & Peak Resorts staff. Luckily the fire occurred after normal business hours and no one was injured in the blaze, which consumed the south end of the building.
Firefighters from West Dover were joined by firefighters from East Dover, Whitingham, Wilmington, Wardsboro, Newbrook, Stratton, Brattleboro, Readsboro, Marlboro, Putney, Dummerston, Jamaica, Stamford, Townshend, Winhall, and Guilford who quickly responded to the scene and brought the fire under control overnight.
Times like this make you really appreciate those who put their lives in danger for the safety and security of others.
We can’t extend our gratitude and thanks to the firefighters, first responders, and public safety personnel from across the region, who assisted in controlling this fire and ensuring the safety of all.
We will release further details and information as we learn more.
– Resort Statement