This is the last weekend of winter operations for the 2021-22 season at Palisades Tahoe, CA. There is some weather moving in that could impact lifts on Friday and Saturday, but Sunday and Monday should be clearer days overall, hopefully bringing in a sunnier end to the season at the Spring Skiing Capital. The final day to ski or snowboard will be Monday, May 30th. Resort hours of operations will still be 8 am-2:30 pm.
Update below from the resort about operations this closing weekend:
We are expecting high winds on Friday & Saturday, with gusts of 80 miles per hour across the ridgelines. There is also the possibility of lightning. Therefore, we expect that there could be some impacts on our lifts. We will absolutely run all of our scheduled lifts if we can, but safety is our #1 priority.
- Friday: Partly sunny and close to 60 degrees, but with high winds and a Lake Wind Advisory
- Saturday: A small chance of snow showers in the morning. Temperatures around 45 degrees. Strong wind gusts possible. By Saturday afternoon/evening, rain and thunder are likely.
- Sunday: Very small chance of snow showers. The sun should return with a temp of 45 degrees.
- Monday: Very small chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny with highs around 50 degrees.
Lift, Terrain, & Conditions Updates
- We will have the Funitel, the Aerial Tram, Gold Coast, and Shirley on the schedule.
- Lifts are most likely to be impacted on Saturday. As always, check the app for real-time status.
- Our snowpack is looking pretty good! We have had a team out farming snow all night and we will continue to do that throughout the weekend. We will be pulling snow from all across the mountain to patch up any melted-out areas so that they last through Monday.
- Our Gold Coast Terrain Park will have 2 jumps that lead into a rail section with 4 rails. We have had to ask our Parks crew to sacrifice several features so that we could use that snow elsewhere on ramps/trails.
Reminder: Download Only
As a reminder, there is no way to ski or snowboard down the mountain at this time. Mountain Run is closed. You must download via the Funitel, or walk to the Aerial Tram and download from there.
Made in Tahoe Festival
On Saturday and Sunday, the annual Made in Tahoe Festival returns! From 11 am to 5 pm, you can support local businesses, artists, chefs, & makers when you visit their booths in The Village at Palisades Tahoe. This event is FREE and will happen rain or shine.
This Is Our Last Winter Operations Blog!
That’s right: This is our last operations blog of the 2021-22 winter season! We hope you’ve found these blogs to be useful throughout the year. We intend to continue posting them next season, and if you have any feedback or suggestions, please feel free to share them with firstname.lastname@example.org. For summer operations information, you can check our Hours of Operation page or our Construction Updates blog.