Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, CA is launching new e-mountain bike tours. This fun tour features mountain vistas, wildflowers, and views of Lake Tahoe. Tours are available to intermediate-level and above bike riders who are at least 13 years of age and will be running through September 22nd.
“Hiking, walking, and sightseeing are our most popular summer activities here at Squaw Valley,” said Kyle Crezee, director of events and activities at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows. “Our summer guests love low-impact activities they can do with their group of friends or family members. E-mountain bikes are an easy way to explore our incredible trail network even more widely, all with low impact to our sensitive high alpine environment. We are lucky to have access to some of the most scenic terrain in the Tahoe area and we want to share that with our guests. Thanks to the long winter, the area is currently blanketed with greenery and wildflowers—I’m looking forward to hearing what our guests think of the tours.”
An electric mountain bike or “e-bike” is a mountain bike equipped with a motor to assist the rider while pedaling, making it less strenuous to ride. The 2.5-hour tour begins at High Camp at 8,200 feet, accessed by the Aerial Tram, where guests meet their guide and are fitted with an e-bike. The guide provides tips while leading a group of up to 10 guests over scenic high alpine trails with panoramic views of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada.
- Mountain Bike Tours meet at the top of the Aerial Tram
- Purchase at the Aerial Tram Ticket Office or at the top of the Aerial Tram at High Camp. Call (800) 403-0206 for additional information.
- Tours are 2.5 hours, starting at 10:30 am and 2 pm
- Tour distance ranges from 1.2 miles to 6.5 miles, depending on the desires and abilities of the group
- Tour includes rental of Small, Medium, or Large bike
- Tour group sizes are limited to 10 per tour
- Helmets and biking gloves are provided
The price for the tour is $158, including rental e-bike, helmet, biking gloves and unlimited Aerial Tram access to High Camp. The price of the tour without Aerial Tram access is $109, and guests can bring their own e-bike and join the tour for $69. Tour guests must be at least 13 years of age. Tours will be offered on weekends only through Sept. 22, weather and conditions permitting. Mountain biking access on the mountain at Squaw Valley is limited to tour guests only.