Riders at normally snow-iconic Tahoe, California broke-out a very different style of board, catching waves upon the area’s famed alpine lake.
Surfers took advantage of what local news sources call, “crazy weather” for a rare, wind-generated Monday session.
By The Numbers:
- Lake Tahoe is the largest alpine lake in North America
- 2nd largest apline lake on Earth
- Elevation 6224ft
- Surface area: 191 square miles
- Max. depth of 1600+ feet
- Average water temp. in September: 60 degree F
- Water purity: 99.994 percent (one of the purest large lakes on Earth)