The Western USA is about to get slammed with snow today/tomorrow and all week. Oregon, Washington, and Utah are forecast to get the most with all 3 states forecast to see up to 24+ inches of snow.
Squaw Valley, CA has already seen 15″ of snow from these storms as of this morning.
These storms are cold with low snow levels and large amounts of moisture.
NOAA has issued Winter Storm Warnings today for:
NOAA has issued Winter Weather Advisories for:
- New Mexico
(there’s also a Winter Storm Watch in Utah (blue) and a Blizzard Warning in Wyoming (orange) – see map at top of article)
SNOWFALL FORECASTS TODAY by STATE:
Oregon = 12-24″
* ACCUMULATION...1 TO 2 FEET OF NEW SNOW...HEAVIEST ABOVE 4000 FEETIN ELEVATION. - NOAA Portland, OR today
Washington = 12-24″
* ACCUMULATION...1 TO 2 FEET OF NEW SNOW...HEAVIEST ABOVE 4000 FEET IN ELEVATION. - NOAA Seattle, WA today
Utah = 18-30+”
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...18 TO 30 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTSALONG WEST-FACING SLOPES ACROSS NORTHERN UTAH. - NOAA SLC, UT today
Colorado = 10-20+”
* SNOW ACCUMULATION...10 TO 20 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS. - NOAA Denver, CO today
Wyoming = 13-20″
* TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...13 TO 20 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE IN THE SNOWY AND SIERRA MADRE RANGES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS ONWEST AND NORTHWEST FACING SLOPES. - NOAA Riverton, WY today
California = 1-2″
***California saw 12-24″ of snow last night
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...AN ADDITIONAL 8 TO 12 INCHES OF SNOW ABOVE 4000 FEET OVER THE SIERRA NEVADA OVERNIGHT AND INTO SUNDAYMORNING AFFECTING TRAVEL ALONG INTERSTATE 80 AND HIGHWAY 50.SEVERAL INCHES OF SNOW ABOVE 3000 TO 4000 FEET. - NOAA Sacramento, CA yesterday