Report from July 12th, 2016
Summer is upon us here at Whistler, and it has been a wet one so far. Trails are in great shape overall and are constantly changing.
Lower mountain has been consistently fast and tacky, A-Line, B-Line, Dirt Merchant, Schleyer- all take the water nicely.
The sun came out yesterday (Sunday) and even some of the tech trails on upper mountain were riding great. (Original Sin, Fatcrobat, In Deep)
Today was a bit sloppier up there but still fun. Best to stay on lower mountain if you like staying dry.
- A new addition last year was a trail called “7 Year War” that starts off of Freight Train. It is fast and tight with a few fun chicanes.
- The section of Freight Train after the upper step-up has been reopened and re-named Una Moss. It has some smaller jumps and the corners are really fun and fast.
- Una Moss open from top of Gondola.
- Still snow on Top of the World/ Peak Zone- Opening TBD.
- Crabapple Hits are back open with a facelift this year! Its best to take a look before sending it, the two biggest jumps are built up larger.
- Crankworx Joyride Slopestyle course is coming along nicely.
Tomorrow’s Phat Wednesday race will be held on Ninja Cougar, Samurai Pizza Cat, to Ho Chi Minh.
Trails should stay great all week with more rain in the forecast!