24 of Tamarack ski resorts in Idaho’s properties will go up for auction due to them not paying their taxes on those properties for over 3 years.
“Valley County will hold an auction on parcels of property that have not paid their taxes for the last three years or more.” – Gordon Cruickshank, chairman of the Valley County Commissioners.
The homeowners association that owns Tamarack Resort has until the auction date, October 17th, 2016 to pay the county the back taxes that are owed.
Tamarack is reporting that regardless of the outcome of this back tax disaster, Tamarack Resort will be open 7 days a week this winter.
The auction will be held on October 17th, 2016 at 1 pm and is open to the public. Valley County reports every piece of property will be sold separately.
Tamarack ski resort in Idaho has had nothing but trouble in its short 12-year lifetime.
KEY PROPERTIES BEING AUCTIONED OFF:
- 2 Ski Lifts
- Mid-Mountain Lodge
- Zip Line Area
- 2 Hole of the Golf Course
TAMARACK’S TUMULTUOUS BACK STORY:
- Tamarack was the first new ski resort to be built in North America in 23 years back in 2004.
- Tamarack planned to be a $1.5 billion destination resort with 62 ski runs, 7 chairlifts, two golf courses, and plentiful mountain biking trails by 2015-20.
- The majority owners of Tamarack Resort filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on February 20, 2008 and the resort closed.
- The Tamarack Municipal Association reopened skiing at the resort on December 20, 2010.
- For the past 18 months the Municipal Association hired New TR Acquisitions or New Trac to handle the operations of the ski resort and ski resort properties. The Valley County treasurer reports that New Trac owes hundreds of thousands of dollars in back property taxes.
- The “Wildwood Express” chairlift, installed in 2005 and last operated in 2009, was removed in June 2012. The ski operation lost nearly $300,000 during the 2011–12 season.
- In June, 2016, Tamarack Opens the Mountain Bike park with lift service on weekends
TAMARACK RESORT STATS:
- Annual Snowfall: 300″
- Vertical Drop: 2,800′
- Skiable Terrain: 1000 acres
- Lifts: 6
- Trails: 42