Alta ski area in Utah revealed an improvement plan that includes a tram to the top of 11,068-foot Mt. Baldy. The plan also includes replacing the Albion, Sunnyside, Wildcat, Cecret, and Supreme lifts. A new lift, “Flora”, from Sugarbowl to top of Collins lift. All in all, Alta is proposing 12 projects to be completed in 5 years.
“This latest set of proposals is based on 10 years of study and conversation. It reflects Alta being a mature ski area figuring out some of our fine-tuning.” – Connie Marshall, Alta’s spokesperson
See full proposal here:
ALTA IMPROVEMENT PLAN HIGHLIGHTS:
- Albion/Wildcat base parking.
- Tram from Germania Pass to the top of Mt. Baldy.
- GazEx or other equivalent technologies to replace artillery and avalauncher.
- Replacement of Albion and Sunnyside lifts.
- Replacement of Cecret and Supreme lifts.
- Replacement of Wildcat lift.
- Flora lift from bottom of Sugarbowl to the top of Collins lift.
- Supreme terrain work.
- Alf’s restaurant building addition.
- Watson Shelter building addition.
- Equipment storage facility.
- Lake restoration at the top of Glory Hole.