That’s correct snow-starved humans. Squaw Valley USA is officially closed. But, Squaw closed in true Squaw fashion with 2 of its gnarliest lines going down on its final day.
Yes, Chimney Sweep & Center Line were skied and stomped. It’s kind of hard to believe that they were skied in these conditions, but it shows the level of skiing/riding still occurring this time of year despite the low snow. There is video of the Chimney Sweep being skied, we’re trying to locate it.
Overall, it was a great day. One of the most fun days of the year. Sad to see it go, but at least it went out with a bang.
SQUAW CLOSING WEEKEND:
– Park jumpline was as good as ever
– Shirley was fast, smooth, & ripping – as if they salted it
– Granite Chief was skiing well from Granite Chief Peak to VIPs, all smooth and fun
– Granite Chief Peak was smooth and suberb
– Big rush to get down the Funitel at the end of the day
– Brave few skied the closed Mountain Run despite major lack of snow
– Passholder party on KT sundeck was sunny and nice
It was a fun year at Squaw, despite the low snow. Next season we’re gonna have detailed conditions reports from Squaw on the regular. In the meantime, don’t check out just yet. SnowBrains is going to continue to keep you entertained through the summer months.