Vail Resorts announced yesterday plans for summer operations at its #TahoeTrifecta resorts – Heavenly Mountain Resort, Northstar California Resort, and Kirkwood Mountain Resort.
Heavenly will open the Heavenly Gondola for sightseeing during Memorial Day weekend, offering scenic gondola rides from Friday, May 28 through Monday, May 31. The Gondola will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The resort will close following Memorial Day and will begin daily summer operations on Friday, June 18. This summer Heavenly will also offer sightseeing, the Mountain Coaster, Granite Peak Climbing Wall, summer tubing, gemstone panning, and lift-serviced hiking from the Tamarack Express chairlift. Food and beverage options will be available at Café Blue and Tamarack Lodge.
Northstar will kick off summer with the Northstar Golf Course opening on June 9, conditions permitting. The Golf Course will be open seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tee time pre-registration will be required and golfers should book online or by phone in advance. On-mountain operations will open for summer on June 18 with the Northstar Bike Park, scenic chairlift rides and hiking with access to trails from the Big Springs Gondola, Zephyr Express and Vista Express chairlifts. On-mountain activities will be open Thursdays through Sundays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and the Lodge at Big Springs will offer on-mountain food and beverage options. Northstar Bike Park riders must have a Bike Park Season Pass or a daily bike haul ticket. Those purchasing a daily bike haul will need to do so at least one day in advance in order to guarantee access.
“We are so grateful to our pass holders, guests and employees for an incredible winter season, and are looking forward to welcoming our guests back to our mountains. The Tahoe Region is a truly special destination for many reasons and especially because of its seasonality. We’re fortunate to operate in an environment where guests can enjoy wide open spaces, a variety of activities, and panoramic views of Lake Tahoe all summer long.”
– Tom Fortune
Health and safety remains our top priority. At all of our resorts this summer, we will be operating according to local public health orders and following their guidance as it relates to face coverings. More information can be found at tahoesouth.com/knowbeforeyougo and www.gotahoenorth.com/covid-19.
Tahoe Summer Opening Dates and Activities
Heavenly Mountain Resort
- The Heavenly Gondola will be open Memorial Day Weekend (May 28 – 31); Daily operations will resume June 18 – Sept. 6
- During the regular summer season, Heavenly will be open daily for activities including scenic chairlift rides, sightseeing, hiking, the Ridge Rider Mountain Coaster, Granite Peak Climbing Wall, summer tubing, and gemstone panning
- Food and beverage options will be available at Café Blue and Tamarack Lodge during operating hours
Northstar California Resort
- The Northstar Golf Course June 9 – Oct. 10
- Open daily 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. from June 9 to Oct. 10, conditions permitting
- Tee time pre-registration will be required, and golfers should book online at northstarcalifornia.com/golf or by phone at (530) 562-3290 in advance
- The practice range and Pro Shop will be open daily 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. starting on May 28
- “The Turn” at the Northstar Golf Course will be available for limited food and beverage offerings.
- The Northstar Bike Park, Hiking and Sightseeing June 18. – Oct. 3 Open Thursdays through Sundays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Access to a range of trails from the Big Springs Gondola, Zephyr Express, and Vista Express chairlifts
- Guests should purchase Bike Park Passes and tickets at least a day in advance of their intended visit online at northstarcalifornia.com or by phone (1.800.GO.NORTH) and arrive early the day of their ride. Season passholders will be able to load the Big Springs Gondola beginning at 9:45 a.m., ahead of the general public.
- Mountain bike rentals, including helmets and full protective gear, will be available in the Village Demo Shop. Guests are encouraged to book rental equipment online ahead of their visit.
- On-mountain food and beverage will be available at the Lodge at Big Springs for outdoor and limited indoor dining. Starbucks and additional dining options will be open across The Village.
Kirkwood Mountain Resort – Human-powered activities available daily
- Hiking and Biking Trails (no lift access) *
- Disc Golf *
- The General Store
- Open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Starting on June 18 hours will shift to 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Picnic baskets with sandwiches, chips and drinks to-go can be purchased by guests seeking to explore the mountain
- Kirkwood Inn & Saloon
- Opens May 24 for daily operations from 11 a.m. until dusk
- To-go smokehouse BBQ and outdoor seating in a historic setting
- Guests must pack it in and pack it out
*Trails and disc golf will open as snowmelt and conditions allow