This great article was written by the Canadian DH Girls and it’s great. Thanks for giving us permission to post it here.
I decided to make a little list of some things I think many female athletes can relate to. I found it pretty inspiring, hope you guys (or should I say girls!) like it!
1. Your “purse” is a gym bag/backpack
2. Your day-to-day “make-up” looks like this:
3. At least 80% of your friends are guys, and the percentage of your friends that ARE girls constantly bug you to “hook them up”.
4. Your “dressed up” is most girls’ “casual”
5. You own a completely irrational amount of sports bras.
6. You own enough spandex to outfit an entire yoga class/running team/80s dance troupe.
7. At the gym, you look more like this:
8. Your nails may be short, but you still take an excessive amount of pride in making sure they look damn good!!
9. Your shoulders are broad and you often get asked “are you an athlete/swimmer/rugby player?”
10. You’re fiercely competitive and hate losing.
11. But most of all, you seriously kick ass. So celebrate you’re awesome athlete-ness, and never stop inspiring!