Loveland Ski Area, CO is offering a coronavirus reopening plan with a 130-day ski season guarantee and will offer a pro-rated credit towards the following season if COVID-19 does affect operating days.
According to their website, this is to make up for the way the last season abruptly ended. Next season’s passes are on sale at last year’s rates and will be through December 1st, and the renewal discount for 19/20 pass holders has been increased to $80.
A full statement on their website reads:
As we prepare for the upcoming ski season, we understand that you probably have a lot of questions about what this winter will look like at Loveland. While we have some answers for you, it will be a little while longer until we are able to work through everything. At this point the only thing we can say with any certainty is that this season is going to be…different. Some changes will be very minor while others will be more impactful, but each will help us remain open for skiing and snowboarding.
We place the highest value on the health and safety of our guests and employees, and that will drive our decision making when it comes to the 2020/21 season. We expect to open on time and will do everything we can to safely stay open for the entire season. With your help, we believe this is possible.
Cleaning and sanitation efforts will be rigorous and more frequent. Social distancing and face coverings will be required in all indoor areas, base areas, lift mazes, on chairlifts, and on shuttle buses. Chairlift capacities will be decreased as only related parties will be permitted to load together. There will be occupancy limitations in all indoor spaces and on shuttle buses. Ski & Ride School will operate at reduced capacities. We will work to conduct as many transactions as possible online prior to your arrival.
We will provide more updates as we get closer to the start of the season. In the meantime, we have just announced our 130 Day Guarantee for 2020/21 season pass products. Current season pass pricing is valid through December 1, 2020 so you have plenty of time to decide what is best for you and your family.
We will not be attending any off-site sales events or ski shows this fall. You will be able to get the best pricing on 2020/21 products online. 4-Pak pricing and information on other Loveland products will be announced in the coming weeks.
As skiers and snowboarders, we all want the opportunity to enjoy another full season. In order to make that happen, we all need to work together and hold one another accountable for our collective health and safety. Wear your mask. Wash your hands. Stay safe and please stay home if you are sick. We look forward to skiing and riding with you again soon.
130 Day Guarantee
Loveland Ski Area will guarantee 130 days of operation during the 2020/21 winter season. We will offer a prorated credit toward a 2021/22 season pass for lost operating days due to a mandated closure or a stay at home order related to COVID-19. Credit will not be offered for closures related to weather, mechanical, or electrical issues. Should a 2020/21 season pass not be used for any days during the 2020/21 winter season, a full credit for the purchase price of the unused pass may be used toward the purchase price of a 2021/22 season pass.
There are a host of awesome benefits included for season pass holders, including over 40 free ski days at a host of ski resorts across the country:
- Membership to Powder Alliance
- 3 Free Days at Purgatory
- 3 Free Days at Monarch Mountain (3 days TOTAL. Powder Alliance benefits do not apply)
- 3 Free Days at Powderhorn Mountain Resort
- 3 Free Days at Powder Mountain
- 3 Free Days at Schweitzer Mountain Resort (M-F) 25% off weekends & holidays. Blackout dates 12/26/20-1/3/21
- 3 Free Days at Whitefish Mountain Resort
- 3 Free Days at Snow King Resort
- 3 Free Days at Red Lodge Mountain
- 3 Free Days at Ski Cooper
- 3 Free Days at Sunlight Mountain Resort
- 3 Free Days at Brundage Mountain
- 3 Free Days at Brianhead Resort
- 3 Free Days at Nordic Valley Resort
- 3 Free Days at each (Sipapu, Pajarito Mountain, Ski Hesperus, and Arizona Snowbowl)
- 10% off any regular priced Sport Shop purchase over $20
- 10% off Child Care Monday – Friday (excluding holidays)
- 5% off food purchases from any Loveland dining outlet (alcohol not included)
- Purchase 1 discounted adult lift ticket for a friend each day at $63 each Early Season, $71 each Regular Season, Late Season TBA
- Purchase up to 2 discounted child lift tickets each day at $30 each
- 10% off Ski & Ride School lesson packages for pass holder and up to two dependent children per day
- $3 – $5 off rental packages for pass holder and up to two dependent children per day
- $5 off any Hat Trick Demo Package
- $10 off full tunes at the Basin Repair Shop
The resort has also started their countdown until snowmaking begins, currently sitting at around 50-days! Loveland’s snowmaking team typically starts making snow the last week of September in preparation for a mid-October opening. Expert local crews and professional snowmakers from New Zealand work around the clock to ensure Loveland is one of the first resorts to open for the season with a full top-to-bottom run covered from tree-to-tree with an 18″ base.
Thanks to Loveland’s elevation and the expertise of their snowmaking crew, Loveland has a reputation for having the best early season conditions in Colorado. Loveland makes snow on 240 acres of terrain and snowmaking is usually completed in the first week of December.