Accuweather.com just dropped this Winter 2016/17 Outlook yesterday. This is the first Winter 2016/17 forecast to come out. Accuweather is forecasting a weak La Nina to develop this in Fall/Winter 2016/17.
NOAA generally comes out with their Winter Outlook in late July.
This Forecast Looks Good For Snow In:
- Pacific Northwest
- Southern Interior British Columbia
- Southern New York
- Northeast Pennsylvania
- Northwest Wyoming
Accuweather’s Winter Outlook 2016/17 in the USA:
- Pacific Northwest will see the full impact of La Nina with very stormy conditions throughout the winter and below average temperatures.
- Southern New York and northeastern Pennsylvania will see higher than average snowfall.
- East Coast will see Near normal snowfall.
- Northern Rocky Mountains & northern Plains will see Colder than normal temperatures with -30 to -40ºF nighttime temps possible at times.
- Southwest will be dry with Central & Southern California seeing the driest conditions.
- Alaska may see another warmer than average winter right after the record warm winter they just had.
- Southern USA to be mainly dry.