- Signature spring events return, along with a new live music event
- Construction on a new Red Dog lift begins
- New spring lift ticket deals for first responders, ski industry employees, and passholders at other resorts
Warm weather and sunshine are here to stay in the Sierra and spring conditions are in full effect at Palisades Tahoe, once again proving why it’s the Spring Skiing Capital. There’s so much to love about spring skiing at Palisades Tahoe, from the corn snow and slush bumps to the costumes, crazy events, big-name live music performances, and sun-soaked après. Spring is the best time of year to ski and ride Palisades Tahoe, and with lift ticket and lodging deals, it’s even easier to hit the slopes. We plan to operate through Sunday, May 1, so wax up your skis and boards and come grab some late-season turns.
Our operations team has committed to spinning lifts until there’s no snow left to ski on. So while we think there’s a month of skiing left in some areas, the recent temperature change has sped up snow melting in other areas. Headwall, Sherwood, and Lakeview had their last days this past weekend, and we expect Sunday, April 3, or soon after will be the last day to ski KT-22. The remaining lower mountain lifts on the Palisades side—Red Dog and Resort Chair—will likely close on or soon after Sunday, April 10, but upper mountain lifts will continue to operate. We plan to offer skiing and riding on whatever terrain we can manage through Sunday, May 1, conditions permitting.
On the Alpine side, chairs will start coming off the schedule as snow melts out, but given the anticipated conditions we expect to run Summit, Roundhouse, and Treeline Cirque until Sunday, April 17. For the most up-to-date operations information, check out our operations blog.
Red Dog Lift Replacement
One of the few lifts in operation during the 1960 Olympics, Red Dog has a long, storied history at Palisades Tahoe. In 1989, it was upgraded from a two-seater to the three-person lift it is today, and now—more than 30 years later—it’s time to give it another upgrade. Red Dog will be replaced with a high-speed, detachable six-person lift this summer. The base terminal will be moved east to a new location that will give skiers direct access to the lift from the parking lot. The lift will pass over the Far East Express and terminate in the same location it does now. Construction on the new lift will begin in April, and it is slated to spin for the 2022-23 season. Red Dog’s last day is expected to be on or close to Sunday, April 10, so be sure to come out and get your last rides in.
Signature Spring Events Return
After a two-year hiatus, Palisades Tahoe’s two biggest spring events are back. Snow Golf returns to Alpine on Saturday, April 9. Team up with your friends and play nine holes of golf, starting at the top of Summit chair and making your way down the mountain. The original pond skim, the Cushing Crossing, returns for its 30th annual competition on Saturday, April 16. The bravest skiers and riders on the mountain will attempt to ski across Cushing pond, while sporting some entertaining costumes.
New this spring, the Palisades Yoga Studio is offering Snowga, a free, family-friendly outdoor yoga class on the snow. This all-levels, all-ages, fun, and lighthearted class will take place in front of SnoVentures at 3 p.m on Saturday, April 9. Breathe, stretch, take in the beautiful mountain views, and leave feeling calmer, grounded, and more present.
Spring Tracks Concert
Live music has always been an integral part of the spring skiing experience at Palisades Tahoe, from WinterWonderGrass Tahoe to the annual Spring Music Series. This year, we are kicking things up a notch with a new concert called Spring Tracks that will turn après into a front-row show. On Saturday, April 16, G. Love and DJ Logic will take the stage on the KT Deck armed with turntables and funky vibes to perform a free show; all ages are welcome.
Warm weather always brings out creative costumes on the slopes. If you’re looking for outfit inspiration, check out our theme weekends all through spring:
- April 2-3: Gnarbie Day – Did you know even Barbie and Ken like to get rad? Break out the retro gear to dress like everyone’s favorite hard-charging dolls.
- April 9-10: Caddy Shack – Break out your khaki and plaid in honor of Snow Golf weekend.
- April 16-17: Beach Day – Have some fun in the sun in Hawaiian shirts, swim trunks, and bikinis, perfect attire for relaxing pondside to watch the Cushing Crossing.
- April 23-24: Wig out on the Wiggle! – Wear your favorite wig and head out in search of one of many wiggle tracks on the mountain.
- April 30-May 1: Rodeo Day – No better way to say summer is here than with cowboy hats and cutoffs.
Ticket Deals & Ikon Spring Access
We want everyone to experience the Spring Skiing Capital, so we have a number of new ticket deals to get people out on the mountain this spring:
- Other Area Passholder/Employee Ticket: Employees and season passholders at other resorts can purchase an $ 89-day ticket when they show their season pass at the ticket window. Valid starting Monday, April 4, and must be purchased in person.
- First Responder Ticket: First responders can purchase midweek tickets for just $79 when they show proof of employment at the ticket window. Valid starting Monday, April 4, Mon-Fri, and must be purchased in person.
- Ski Shop Employee Ticket: Employees of any ski shop can purchase midweek tickets for just $79 when they show proof of employment at the ticket window. Valid starting Monday, April 4, Mon-Fri, and must be purchased in person.
- Spring Ticket Trio Sale: From March 29 to April 4, you can save 20% off our popular fully-transferable, three-ticket pack. That means three tickets for you, or grab your friends and split the pack. The discount is available on the Palisades Tahoe website or app, using promo code Trio2022.
- 2022/23 Ikon Pass Spring Access: Skiers and riders who purchase a 22/23 Ikon Pass can start using it at Palisades Tahoe on April 11.
Village at Palisades Tahoe Lodging Sale
The spring fun doesn’t stop when you step off the mountain. Those looking to book a stay at The Village at Palisades Tahoe can get 20% off all room types when they book between March 29 and April 12, for stays from April 15 to May 27. One-bedroom condos start from less than $200/night. Nothing feels better after a day of skiing spring corn than relaxing in one of our eight outdoor hot tubs, available only to guests at The Village at Palisades Tahoe.