And so it begins. After a historic snowfall season in 2022/23, Mammoth Mountain is ready to get another season underway as it began snowmaking over the weekend. Temperatures dropped enough for snowmaking to commence down near the main lodge.
- Related: SnowBrains 2023 Mammoth Spring Highlight Video | Powder, Chutes, D-Spin 720ºs, and Epic Skiing Into July
2022/23 was one for the history books at Mammoth:
- Most snowfall in Mammoth’s history with 715-905 inches
- Four consecutive months of 100+ inches of snowfall
- Open for 275 days of skiing and snowboarding
- Third time Mammoth has been open for skiing and riding into August, tied for the second-latest closing day on record
What will El Niño bring them this season? Who knows, but Mammoth plans to start its season in less than two weeks on November 10.
Enjoy some pictures of its first coat of the season courtesy of its Instagram page.