After an unreal day on Friday followed by rain to the top over weekend, Squaw came alive again for the MLK holiday with a solid 8-10″ of new snow on the upper mountain. Most of the upper mountain was closed Saturday and Sunday due to high winds, leaving things buffed smooth and ready to rip. The Squaw game continues to be a hard one to win, with Reverse Traverse opening by 10:15 but Headwall remaining on maintenance hold until nearly 11:30.
- Chute 75 & Tom’s Tumble on KT
- CII Bowl, Slot, Hogs Back on Headwall
- Almost all of Granite
- Mainline Pocket huck fest
- The Funnel
- Skiing in general
- Maintenance holds
- Any southerly aspects by 12:30
- Occasional (but largely avoidable) pockets of ice from the rains
With a favorable weather forecast in the future for Squaw, things are looking to get a little deeper. Stay tuned!