Sugar Bowl in Lake Tahoe, CA has announced that they will be closing “until further notice” due to Coronavirus today.
Sugar Bowl Press Release:
Sugar Bowl’s Response to the Ongoing Coronavirus
Coronavirus – Actions We’re Taking
This is a very recent decision, so forgive the brevity of this announcement. Further information will be provided this evening.
Updated: 3/13/20 @ 4:12pm
We want to reassure you that nothing is more important than the health, safety and well-being of our guests and employees at Sugar Bowl and Royal Gorge. Each day as we learn new information, we will quickly adjust as needed. Over the last few weeks, we have taken several steps to mitigate exposure but in recent days have taken many more steps to address gatherings, social distancing and disinfection.
Sugar Bowl is committed to skiing and riding and will continue with daily operations with the health and safety of our guests and employees remaining the top priority. Below are additional actions we have taken around the resort:
- Measures to increase social distancing to the advised 6 feet include:
- Reducing the number of tables and chairs in Cafés and Bars
- Encouraging guests to only ride the Gondola with friends/family
- Not enforcing any “full-chair” policies on chairlifts. Ride with those you know.
- Opening additional dining spaces to allow to further social distancing
- Active Cleaning Measures:
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfection throughout the resort, with a heightened focus on high touch areas including but not limited to hotel, gondola cabins, dining areas, shuttle buses, rental locations, ticket offices, locker rooms, and more
- Frequent monitoring of hand wash stations stocked with hand soap and paper towels
- Other Measures:
- Replacing self-service condiment stations with single-use packets
- Restricting the use of refillable bottles around the resort
- Turning off water fountains and self-service stations (Bottled water reduced to $1.50)
- Canceling all special events for the remainder of the season including Banked Slalom, Minipipe Meltdown, Chute-Out and Pond Skim
- Employee Wellness:
- Employees have been instructed to stay home if sick or feeling flu-like symptoms
- Good hygiene is being emphasized, including frequent hand washing
- Deep cleaning of all employee housing and shuttles
- Guest Wellness:
- Guests exhibiting feeling ill or presenting flu-like symptoms are asked to stay home
- Guests who are at higher risk of illness are asked to stay home
- Guests with advanced reservations for lift tickets, 3 Packs (purchased after March 1st only), rentals, lessons, or lodging may cancel their reservation with a 100% refund, no cancelation fee, up to 24 hours prior to arrival by contacting email@example.com or calling (530)426-9000 option 2 during business hours
We will continue to adjust our approach, training and communication to the recommendations and advice of the CDC and other relevant public agencies. For the latest information on COVID-19, visitwww.cdc.gov/Coronavirus.
Thank you for your understanding & support. We look forward to welcoming you to Sugar Bowl Resort soon.
Greg Dallas, CEO
Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge