Killington Resort Announces Plan to Launch Summer Operations Starting with Golf Saturday, May 23 Followed by Mountain Biking Saturday, June 6
Vermont’s Killington Resort, the largest mountain resort in Eastern North America and a POWDR company, is opening with summer operations this Memorial Day Weekend. Killington will open the 18-hole Golf Course Saturday, May 23 to Vermont residents and those non-residents who’ve quarantined for 14 days and the Bike Park Saturday, June 6 to pass holders only, pending Gov. Phil Scott’s approval of the Killington Mountain Biking operations plan, which we have updated to ensure the safety of our guests, staff, and community given COVID-19.
“As we transition into summer operations, we’ve made the tough decision to not reopen for skiing and riding. Given our commitment to early and late season skiing, it was hard to close the door on the 2019-20 ski season, but we feel fortunate to have enjoyed the longest season in the East – 133 days, despite the early closure – and to be offering our guests the Passholder Promise as an assurance for the future.”
– Mike Solimano, president and general manager of Killington Resort
Killington’s first priority remains the safety and wellbeing of our staff, guests, and the greater community. The resort will continue to closely monitor COVID-19 and follow all local, state, and national regulations, which may require operational adjustments throughout the summer. The reopening of Vermont’s economy is being carefully managed by state authorities, and it’s of utmost importance that we all follow the guidelines and do our part to reopen safely. For more details and our COVID-19 safety policies, visit Killington.com.
Important Operation and Policy Information
- The Golf Course will remain open daily through October 12 – conditions permitting – with tee times available from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. At this time, the course is open only to Vermont residents and visitors from out of state who have completed the state-mandated 14-day quarantine. Tee times available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. every 15 minutes
- Golf carts must be returned by 7:00 p.m.
- Advanced tee times and payment required. Walk-ins are not permitted
- “Park, Play & Go Home” will be enforced – there will be no gathering of players permitted before, during or after the round
- The Golf Pro Shop will be open with limited services. We ask that only 1 person from the group enter the pro-shop to check-in
- At this time retail items like tees, balls, golf apparel, etc. will not be available for sale
- Pencils and scorecards not available
- Limited grab-n-go, snacks, and beverages will be made available – no outside alcohol is permitted
- Water coolers will not be available on the course
- Restrooms available on the lower level of the clubhouse – on course restrooms not available
- Carts available to 1 person only or those in the same household – guests will load their own golf bags in the cart
- Flagsticks will remain in the hole and should not be touched or removed for any reason
- Bunker rakes, ball washers, penalty area stakes, and all other touchpoints on the course are removed
- Practice areas closed
- Guests should arrive 10 minutes ahead of time and ready to play
- Rental clubs and lessons are not available
Stay tuned for the latest Killington Golf Course information and updates here.
- The Bike Park is slated to open to pass holders only Saturday, June 6 and Sunday, June 7 and to the general public on Friday, June 12 (pending approval)
- After opening weekend, the Bike Park is expected to operate Friday through Sunday for the month of June from 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. with the Snowshed trails and Snowshed Express Quad available only
- No bike rentals or lessons will be available opening weekend
More details on Bike Park and Adventure Center operations to follow.