Doug Coombs is credited with opening up Alaska Heli Skiing. He did a lot more for skiing, but just the AK heli skiing thing is enough for him to qualify as ski god.
a video tribute to Doug Coombs.
We want to say “Thank You” to Doug and all he did for skiing. You won’t be forgotten yet will always be missed.
QUICK COOMBS FACTS:
– Born in Boston and grew up in Belford, Massachusetts, USA
– Grew up skiing in Vermont and New Hampshire
– Went to college at Montana State in Bozeman
– Became a Jackson Hole extreme skier
– Founded Valdez HeliSki Guides in 1994
– Won the World Extreme Championships in 1991 and 1993
– One of the smoothest skiers on Earth in nasty terrain
– Died on April 3rd, 2006 while skiing with friends in La Grave, France