Brought to you by Ikon Pass
Temperatures are cooling and ski areas all across the USA and Canada are gearing up for their winter season. 10Best, from USAToday, wanted to know which North American ski resorts are the crème de la crème, so they asked a panel of skiing and snowboarding experts to nominate their 20 favorite resorts–mountains that offer serious snowfall, varied terrain, lots of lift access and all the desirable amenities in town. The top 10 winners are then determined by popular vote.
So, after four weeks of voting, the results are in. The top 10 winners in the category Best Ski Resort are as follows:
- Winter Park Resort – Winter Park, CO: The 3,081 acres of terrain at Winter Park is divided into seven distinct territories – glade skiing in Eagle Wind Territory, bowls in Parsenn Bowl, jumps and jibs in Terrain Park Territory, steeps and deeps in Cirque, the bumps of Mary Jane, black diamonds of Winter Park and the powder stashes of Vasquez Ridge. Skiers and riders have 166 named trails to choose from, accessed by 25 lifts.
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows – Olympic Valley, CA
- Mount Bohemia – Lac La Belle, MI
- Revelstoke Mountain Resort – Revelstoke, BC
- Copper Mountain – Copper Mountain, CO
- Telluride Ski Resort – Telluride, CO
- Crystal Mountain Resort – Enumclaw, WA
- Big Sky Resort – Big Sky, MT
- Stowe Mountain Resort – Stowe, VT.
- Kicking Horse Mountain Resort – Golden, BC
Ikon Pass holders rejoice, too! 6 of the country’s best resort are available to you…