Woodward Park City (‘WWPC’) in Utah, the leader in action sports, is kicking off its 2023/24 winter season this Friday, November 17, 2023, opening its mountain operations with terrain park features serviced by the Gateway conveyor lift from 1:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Saturday, tubing access will be added and hours expanded to the full day, from 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
The unparalleled action-sports center will also celebrate opening weekend by hosting a special event, Peace Park & Friends on Saturday the 18 featuring ride alongs, live music, special presentations, films, and autograph signings with Olympic snow sports athletes Danny Davis, Jamie Anderson, Red Gerard, and Todd Richards beginning at 2:00 p.m.
Opening day terrain will include jib park access and park features serviced by the Gateway conveyor lift, with the tubing park access opening on Saturday and additional terrain and the Hot Laps lift opening as soon as conditions allow.
“We look forward to our 5th winter season at Woodward Park City. There’s no better place to further develop a passion for actions sports thanks to WWPC’s programming, top-notch facilities, and welcoming community. We’re excited to be reactivating our much-loved snow sports amenities later this week.”
— Gar Trayner, General Manager Woodward Park City
23/24 Winter Season Scheduled Progression Programs
Seasonal lesson programs group skiers and snowboarders to offer lessons for learners of the same level with the same coach for multiple weeks. These sessions are thoughtfully designed to increase progression, fun and relationship-building with varying schedule options. Some of the progression-focused program dates for this winter season include:
- Woodward Mountain Kids and Woodward Mountain Micros offers four consecutive weeks of lessons for beginner to advanced intermediate skiers and snowboarders, with half-day lessons for 4- 6-year-olds and full-day lessons for 7–12-year-olds. Programs are available in January, February, and March. Participants who sign up before December 1, 2023, will save $100 on registration fees.
- For the most committed youth ski and snowboard athletes, Woodward’s Development Team combines 14 weeks of on-snow skiing or snowboarding lessons, offering three days of training each week beginning January 6 and running through April 15, 2024.
- Woodward Park City will also offer an early winter Dryland Training program for skiers and snowboarders ages 7 – 17, with two weekly training sessions for four weeks. Dryland Training begins Tuesday, November 28 and runs through Thursday, December 14, 2023.
- Continuing for the 23/24 winter season, Winter Camp returns January 13-15 and February 19 – 21, 2024, for skiers and snowboarders ages 7 – 17. New for 2024, US Ski and Snowboard athletes will join as guest coaches/pros.
Additional one-on-one and group lesson packages are also available on an ongoing basis to allow for varied schedules.
23/24 Winter Season Special Events
Woodward Park City is home to the action sports community, and that also means a breadth of signature athlete experiences, events, and programs. Professional snowboarders Jill Perkins and Rob Roethler join the Woodward community this year as Woodward’s newest Signature Athletes. In addition to calling Woodward Park City’s innovative environments their “home base” for training and progression, Rob and Jill will be hosting special events at Woodward Park City this season as well.
A full list of additional special events for the season can be found on the website, including monthly Ladies Nights, Community-Focused Play Forever events, Monthly Rail Jams, bubly Tubing Parties, and more. Some of the most significant headline events and competitions this year will include:
- November 18: Peace Park & Friends with Danny Davis
- December 9: Get Reel with Rob Roethler
- December 16: Burton Mystery Series
- December 17: Zeb Powell Takeover
- December 22: Subaru Shred with Santa
- January 23-26: USASA Rail Jam, Slopestyle & Halfpipe Series
- February 17: Dang Roller Derby
- March 23: Peace Park Pop Off
- March 24: Ladies Laps with Brita Sigourney
- March 29-30: Jill Perkins’ Woodward Round Up Mini Pipe Invitational
Woodward Park City will offer its monthly Play Forever Tuesdays again this winter season, with tickets available at a discounted rate to help introduce all kinds of families to action sports. On select Tuesdays this winter, we will have All-Access tickets for $45, which includes Tubing, Hot Laps Lift, and everything in the Hub; a Lift-only ticket for $25; and a Wheels-only ticket for just $10. Woodward then donates 15% of the Play Forever tickets sold on these Play Forever days to a local, Utah-based nonprofit partner.