New Day Lodge, Lift & Terrain Expansion and Ski In/Ski Out Accommodations in the Plan
Brundage Mountain Resort is excited to share early details of a cohesive new plan for future improvements at the independently owned McCall, Idaho ski resort.
The ownership group that acquired Brundage Mountain in November of 2020 has been working diligently to craft a ten-year plan to build on the resort’s established skiing legacy by introducing new ski-in/ski-out accommodations, a revitalized base village, and an array of new recreation and mountain amenities.
“For years, we’ve been listening to feedback and suggestions from our guests. Three common themes always rise to the surface: add more lifts and terrain, improve the lodge facilities, and offer overnight accommodations. Our plan is to deliver on all three of those requests so we can continue to grow strategically and sustainably while preserving the classic Brundage vibe and family atmosphere.”
– Brundage Mountain President and CEO, Bob Looper
As part of this process, Brundage leaders are envisioning the entire resort experience with a focus on creating a vibrant multi-season destination resort. Priorities include enhancing the overall guest experience on the mountain and in the base area, expanding seasonal offerings to create a year-round destination, and introducing resort property opportunities with overnight accommodations, all while preserving the classic Brundage Mountain vibe.
The plan has three main parts:
- New Modern Day Lodge – Brundage Mountain plans to break ground next year on new base area lodge facilities to replace the outdated day lodge. The new 20,000 square foot mountain modern facility will be located next to the existing lodge and will include a new Mountain Adventure Center and three new food and beverage concepts designed to accommodate a larger number of guests and a wider variety of tastes. The new venues include a large, open-concept food court, a casual sit-down restaurant with a full bar, and a coffee shop breakfast/lunch stop. Construction could last two years with estimated completion in time for Winter 2023-24.
- Residential Development Near the Base Area – The first phase of residential development at Brundage Mountain Resort will allow guests of Brundage to enjoy overnight accommodations at the base of the mountain for the first time. The plan is to break ground on the low-density Northwoods development in the summer of 2022. The 37-acre site encompasses 21 single-family homesites, 22 cottages, and 45 townhomes, featuring ski-in/ski-out access off the existing Lower Rodeo ski run. It will have a contemporary mountain modern feel, focusing on blending with and preserving the natural beauty of the Payette National Forest. This Phase 1 application applies to 37 of the 388 acres of private base-area land in the Brundage Mountain Village development approved by Adams County in 2009.
- Terrain Expansion, Lifts, and Mountain Upgrades – Brundage Mountain has updated the resort’s Master Development Plan, which includes proposals for lift and terrain expansion, expanded snowmaking capabilities, and new on-mountain lodge amenities. This plan charts a course for the next ten years of expansion on the mountain. Brundage Mountain is working with the US Forest Service on timelines for each aspect of the detailed plan.
“People can see that things are happening here at Brundage Mountain. It’s exciting to be able to create a home-grown vision and make concrete plans to bring that to life in the not-so-distant future.”
– General Manager, Ken Rider