Report from November 12, 2021
Alta opens on November 20
Little Chute with a mandatory drop at Alta, UT got my heart racing yesterday…
It snowed 1″ Thursday night with some wind and we hoped that would be just the right conditions to make this thing smooth and safe.
We still gave it a ski cut just – to be sure.
Standing on top knowing what was below us gave us chills.
Luckily, the snow was slathered on and skied buttery smooth – for the most part…
This was our favorite run of the season so far.
NOTE: it was getting hot yesterday and our buddy Ben skied Alta in the evening and said just about all the snow had turned to schmoo…
- 11/10/21: Alta, UT Report: 11-Inch Powder Day & Blue Skies!
- 11/9/21: Alta, UT Report: Dark, Ominous, Alone – Main Chute in Powder Snow
- 11/8/21: Alta, UT Report: Booting Up & Skiing Down High Rustler in Scratchy Conditions…
- 11/7/21: The Alta Skiing Journal, Vol. 4: “Soft Snow Stashes in the Castle Apron”
- 11/6/21: Mt. Superior, UT Report: “Suicide Chute” – As Much Rock As Snow Yesterday
- 11/5/21: Alta, UT Report: Tight & Spicy in Little Chute…
- 11/4/21: Alta, UT Report: It’s Amazing How Much Snow Is Up Here Right Now… Gunsight Mini-Pow!
- 11/3/21: Alta, UT Report: Main Chute Top To Bottom on a Gorgeous Day
- 11/2/21: Alta, UT Report: Embarrassed & Humbled on Day #1 in Main Chute Yesterday
- 11/1/21: The Alta Skiing Journal, Vol. 3: “Trick or Treating in the Ballroom”
While the UAC isn’t generating forecasts, former UAC avalanche forecaster Mark White has been submitting great avalanche observations: