View this post on Instagram
Brought to you by 10 Barrel Brewing
Report from April 21, 2021
Yesterday was closing day at Alyeska Ski Resort in Girdwood, AK (they’ll reopen for 3 more weekends starting May 8) and we took full advantage.
This place has scoopy jumps etched into it all over the place.
Many of the landings are a bit flat and north facing so you have to wait until about 5 pm to really hit them hard.
We showed up at 2 pm and while waiting for the snow to soften, we cranked 2,500-vertical-feet top to bottom laps that were a hoot.
The locals were all costumed-up for closing day in bikinis, grass skirts, bright colors, and one guy even had a 2’x3′ speaker blasting AC/DC—which was rad.
Turnagain Arm slowly began to fill with water and sparkle like a precious stone.
Mark Morris, Owen Leeper, and I threw flip after flip on the roller-jumps once they softened and we had an absolute riot.
After our last flips at 6 pm they shut down the lifts for the year and we slid into the legendary Sitzmark for beers and pretzels.
From there it was off to dinner at Hightower Pub in Girdwood for Halibut Tacos and PBR.
Life is good in Girdwood, Alaska 🙂
Now that Alyeska is closed, we’ll be backcountry skiing around Girdwood for the next 3-days before flying back down to the real world on Thursday.
Long live springtime!
Recent Alaska Reports:
- 4/24/21 –Alyeska, AK: Backflips, Long Runs, Wiggles, and Jumps Everywhere…
- 4/23/21 – Alyeska, AK: 735″ of Snow, Backflips, Costumes, Insane Views, & The Wiggle
- 4/22/21 – Thompson Pass, AK: Hot Corn Skiing Submerged in Some of the Best Views on Earth
- 4/19/21 – Pulseline Adventure, AK: High-Speed Laps Deep in the Chugach Mts Surrounded by Insane Vistas
- 4/17/21 – Pulseline Adventure, AK Report: High-Speed Sluff-Racing With a Rock Star Heli-Crew
- 4/16/21 – Pulseline Adventure, AK Report: Heli Spine Skiing With an All-Star Crew
- 4/8/21 – Alyeska, AK Report: 678″ of Snowfall This Season & Counting…
- 4/7/21 – Chugach Range, AK Report: Gorgeous Long Lines in the Best Snow We’ve Found This Week
- 4/6/21 – Chugach Range, AK Report: Wind-board, Ice, Crust, a Little Powder, & Insane Views
- 4/5/21 – Girdwood, AK Report: Stunning Vistas, Complex Avy Danger, & Blower Powder on Ice by the Sea
- 4/4/21 – Alyeska, AK Report: 674″ of Snowfall This Season + 5-Minute-Long Pow Runs
- 4/2/21 – Triple Point Expeditions, AK Heli-Ski Report: Uncompromising Vision in the World’s Greatest Mountains