Brought to you by 10 Barrel Brewing
Report from April 28, 2021
Wednesday was our final ski day in our month-long stay in Alaska.
We cruised up to Turnagain Pass and grabbed a quick 2,700-vertical-foot corn lap and called it a trip.
It was warm again yesterday with temps in the 50s and hiking attire in the T-shirt.
Only on the very summit did a cool breeze arrive and allow for jacket wearing.
After a 2-week stretch of sunny weather, a storm was finally on the horizon.
We were racing the clouds all day and they finally won, almost completely socking in our zone as we summited.
There were a few blue holes, so we were waiting and dropping in when one looked promising.
The skiing was great.
Decent corn snow on a nice, wide-open pitch that flowed all the way down to the valley, then onwards to the car.
It’s been an incredible stay in Alaska this year.
This was our 13th trip to Alaska and, in many ways, our favorite.
I got a strong taste of what it would be like to live in Alaska on this trip, and I’ve got to say that I liked it.
Might I move to Alaska in the near future?
I think so…
Recent Alaska Reports:
- 4/27/21 – Prince William Sound, AK Report: The Ridge Walk of Dreams…
- 4/26/21 – Turnagain Arm, AK Report: Unbelievably Good Corn Snow Above The Shining Sea
- 4/25/21 – Alyeska, AK Report: Evening Backflips Over the Ocean on Closing Day
- 4/24/21 –Alyeska, AK: Backflips, Long Runs, Wiggles, and Jumps Everywhere…
- 4/23/21 – Alyeska, AK: 735″ of Snow, Backflips, Costumes, Insane Views, & The Wiggle
- 4/22/21 – Thompson Pass, AK: Hot Corn Skiing Submerged in Some of the Best Views on Earth
- 4/19/21 – Pulseline Adventure, AK: High-Speed Laps Deep in the Chugach Mts Surrounded by Insane Vistas
- 4/17/21 – Pulseline Adventure, AK Report: High-Speed Sluff-Racing With a Rock Star Heli-Crew
- 4/16/21 – Pulseline Adventure, AK Report: Heli Spine Skiing With an All-Star Crew
- 4/8/21 – Alyeska, AK Report: 678″ of Snowfall This Season & Counting…
- 4/7/21 – Chugach Range, AK Report: Gorgeous Long Lines in the Best Snow We’ve Found This Week
- 4/6/21 – Chugach Range, AK Report: Wind-board, Ice, Crust, a Little Powder, & Insane Views
- 4/5/21 – Girdwood, AK Report: Stunning Vistas, Complex Avy Danger, & Blower Powder on Ice by the Sea
- 4/4/21 – Alyeska, AK Report: 674″ of Snowfall This Season + 5-Minute-Long Pow Runs
- 4/2/21 – Triple Point Expeditions, AK Heli-Ski Report: Uncompromising Vision in the World’s Greatest Mountains