Brought to you by Grand Targhee Resort & Scott Sports
My guest today is Eddie Taylor:
- Eddie is a member of Full Circle Everest, the 1st all-black team to attempt to summit 29,032-foot Mt. Everest, the highest peak on Earth.
- There have been over 6,000 summits of Mt. Everest and only ten of those were black people
- The 1st black person to summit Everest didn’t occur until the year 2003, 40-years after the first American expedition reached the summit of Everest
- Full Circle’s goal is to showcase the tenacity and strength of black climbers and highlight the barriers that continue to exist for Black communities in accessing the outdoors. This historic attempt will inspire the next generation of outdoor enthusiasts, educators, leaders, and mountaineers of color to continue chasing their personal summits
- Eddie Taylor has some very strong high altitude experience under his belt already
- He just summited and skied 18,700′ El Pico de Orizaba in Mexico in November
- Eddie has skied from the summit of 20,000′ Denali in Alaska
- He’s skied off the summit of 14,000′ Mt. Rainier in WA
- Eddie executed a 20-pitch rock climb to summit 16,000′ Mt. Kenya in Africa
- He’s even been on top of 23,000′ Aconcagua in Argentina
- Eddie was a decathlon athlete in college and is currently a high school teacher in Colorado
This episode is brought to you by Grand Targhee Resort.
Home to the best snow in Wyoming. Delivering an average of 500 inches of snow annually, you’ll find uncrowded slopes, and a unique Targhee vibe served on the daily.
With good times served daily at Grand Targhee Resort, it’s time to embrace the vibe. Escape the crowds and get back to enjoying skiing and snowboarding the way it was meant to be. From our family-friendly Kids Adventure Zone and uncrowded runs to the wide-open terrain for all abilities, the big mountain feel and Western charm makes Grand Targhee a must-visit winter destination.
With over 20 feet of snowfall to date, heading to the Tetons is a must-do. We invite you to experience and be part of the Targhee Vibe at Grand Targhee Resort!
This episode is brought to you by Scott Sports:
Technology, innovation and design is the name of the game and that’s exactly what SCOTT Sports is; It’s in their DNA. Skiing is about testing yourself – seeing the possibilities that you are presented with and pushing yourself to seize the greatest challenges. SCOTT Sports has the gear to help you do just that. To learn more check out scottsports.com and see what real innovation looks like.
Skip the lift lines this year and get in the backcountry! With all the new SCOTT winter essentials, you’re set to have a safe and fun time in the mountains. Check out their new product line at scottsports.com
Looking to test the boundaries but fearful of high-risk situations? SCOTT Sports knows the danger, that’s why they’ve developed the Patrol E1 Avalanche Backpack. It’s the ultimate freeskiing avalanche backpack, pushing the boundaries of innovation. The supercapacitor technology, along with exceptional design, results in one of the lightest electric airbag backpacks on the market to date! To learn more go to scottsports.com
If you enjoyed this podcast, please share with friends & family, and please subscribe.
Buy SnowBrains gear: SnowBrains.com/shop/
The SnowBrains Podcast Episode #32 – Eddie Taylor – Member of “Full Circle Everest” 1st All-Black Team to Attempt 29,032′ Mt. Everest
Recorded on November 18, 2021, in Tahoe Vista, CA (Miles Clark) and Northfield, MN (Eddie Taylor).
This episode was edited by Jared White
Music by Chad Crouch
Host, producer, and creator = Miles Clark
About The SnowBrains Podcast:
- Top 17% of all podcasts
- Interviews the most intelligent people in the snowsports industry and passes their fascinating knowledge to you, our listeners.
- We explore skiing, snowboarding, snowsports, avalanches, technology, climate, COVID, snow science, medicine, nutrition, fitness, technique, and cutting-edge adventure with our listeners.
- The SnowBrains Podcast is hosted by professional freeskier, professional mountain guide, UC Berkeley Molecular Cell Biology graduate, and the Founder & CEO of SnowBrains, Miles Clark.
- The SnowBrains Podcast will be publishing new episodes with riveting guests every week this winter.
- Please share with your friends and family, and please subscribe.
Download & Subscribe to “The SnowBrains Podcast”:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Podcast Addict
- Pocket Casts
- I Heart Radio
- Sounder. FM
The SnowBrains Podcast Season 1 Episodes:
- Episode #1: Why Is The Colorado Backcountry the Deadliest in the USA?
- Episode #2: Are Ski Resorts Safe To Visit During COVID-19?
- Episode #3: Why Do Skiers Tear Their ACLs So Frequently?
- Episode #4: What’s The #1 Tool Available To Skiers & Riders in Avalanche Terrain?
- Episode #5: Renaming Squaw Valley, CA & Squaw Alpine’s 2020/21 COVID Strategy
- Episode #6: Alta Ski Area – Skiing First, COVID, Canyon Traffic, & Possible Mt. Baldy Tram
- Episode #7: Andrew McLean, The Big Mountain Scientist [Part 1]
- Episode #8: Andrew McLean, The Big Mountain Scientist [Part 2]
- Episode #9: Whistler Blackcomb – Climate Change, The Future of Summer Skiing, COVID
- Episode #10: Chris Davenport – Legendary Freeskier, Ski Mountaineer, Mountain Guide
- Episode #11: Cody Townsend – Star & Producer of The Fifty Project
- Episode #12: Randall Osterhuber – Winter Survival Instructor, Search & Rescue Badass, Snow Scientist, Avalanche Forecaster, Mountain Guide
- Episode #13: Adrian Ballinger – Climbing Mt. Everest & K2 Without Supplemental Oxygen
- Episode #14: Bode Miller – The Winningest American Male Ski Racer of All-Time
- Episode #15: Dr. Ethan Greene – Why Did The USA Just Have Its Deadliest Avalanche Cycle in History?
- Episode #16: 27 Avalanche Deaths in Only 29-Days in the USA… Why Did the US Just See Its Deadliest Avalanche Cycle of All-Time?
- Episode #17: Dr. Michael Fischman: COVID Vaccine – When Will Ski Resorts Go Back To Normal?
- Episode #18: Jeremy Jones – Legendary Big Mountain Snowboarder, Climate Change Activist, CEO/Founder of Jones Snowboards
- Episode #19: Angela Hawse – President of the American Mountain Guide Association
- Episode #20: Daron Rahlves – 4 Time Olympian, King of Kitzbühel, and World Jet Ski Champion
The SnowBrains Podcast Season 2 Episodes:
- Episode #21 | Doug Stoup – More North & South Poles Than Anyone on Earth, Pro Soccer Player, Mountain Guide, Founder Ice Axe Expeditions
- Episode #22 | Bjarne Salen – Filmer of “The Fifty” w/ Cody Townsend, Hardcore Ski Mountaineer, Adventurer, Philosopher
- Episode #23 | Todd Offenbacher – Comedian, Mountain Guide, Body Builder, Badass Rock Climber, TV Personality, Climbing Community Builder
- Episode #24 | Scott Gaffney – Matchstick Productions Editor, Producer, Filmer, the G in Shane McConkey’s GNAR, Lake Tahoe Surfer, & Badass Freeskier
- Episode #25 | Ingrid Backstrom – Legendary Freeskier, Fierce Competitor, Game-Changer, Ski Movie Star
- Episode #26 | Dr. Ethan Greene, Director of CAIC – Why Did the USA Have the Most Avalanche Deaths in History Last Season?
- Episode #27 | Travis Ganong – Badass World Cup & Olympic Ski Racer, World-Class Freeskier
- Episode #28 | Tommy Moe – Olympic Gold Medal Ski Racer, Alaska Heli-Ski Guide, Co-Founder of Tordrillo Mountain Lodge in Alaska
- Episode #29 | Doug Fish – The Genius Who Created the Indy Pass, the Fastest Growing Multi-Mountain Pass on Earth With Over 80 Ski Resorts
- Episode #30 | Tom Day – Emmy Winning Cinematographer, 38 Years as Warren Miller Director/Filmer/Skier, “Blizzard of Aahhhs” Ski Movie Star, Smoothest Skier on Earth
- Episode #31 | Dr. Russ Costa PhD – Why People Do Dumb Shit in the Mountains!!