Report from December 30, 2021
Yesterday we skied 1 of the most gorgeous places on Earth.
Lakes on top of lakes, peaks on top of peaks, and some of the most striking granite formations we’ve seen anywhere.
The snow was wind-pressed and tricky in spots (hear me grunting?), but we were still able to go fast and zip around a bit!
The wind really got ripping when we were up on the ridge and it was exquisite to feel California flex full winter upon us 😃❄️.
After the ski, we went to Dam Cafe in Tahoe City, CA and ate the bacon burritos with eggs in them and they’re exquisite…
200+ inches of snow in Tahoe in December has been absolutely wild and we’re drinking in every drop 💧.
- 12/29/21: Tahoe Backcountry Report: One of the Deepest Days We’ve Skied in Tahoe…
- 12/28/21: Palisades Tahoe, CA Report: 103″ of Snow in 7-Days…
- 12/27/21: Report: CA Delta → Bear Valley → Road Closed → Delta → Mt. Lassen → Reno → Tahoe in 1-Day…
- 12/23/21: Palisades Tahoe, CA Report: Rain to Snow, Creamy Powder, 58″-88″ of Snow Forecast Next 3-Days
- 12/21/21:Palisades Tahoe, CA Report: 1st Day of the Season on KT-22 Went Off!
- 12/6/21: Revelstoke, BC Report: 60″ snowpack, 174″ of Snowfall Already This Season…
- 12/5/21: Kicking Horse, BC Report: 4,000-Vertical-Feet of Awesome
- 11/12/21: Alta, UT Report: Little Chute with Mandatory Air From the Top
- 11/10/21: Alta, UT Report: 11-Inch Powder Day & Blue Skies!
- 11/9/21: Alta, UT Report: Dark, Ominous, Alone – Main Chute in Powder Snow
- 11/8/21: Alta, UT Report: Booting Up & Skiing Down High Rustler in Scratchy Conditions…
- 11/7/21: The Alta Skiing Journal, Vol. 4: “Soft Snow Stashes in the Castle Apron”
- 11/6/21: Mt. Superior, UT Report: “Suicide Chute” – As Much Rock As Snow Yesterday
- 11/5/21: Alta, UT Report: Tight & Spicy in Little Chute…
- 11/4/21: Alta, UT Report: It’s Amazing How Much Snow Is Up Here Right Now… Gunsight Mini-Pow!
- 11/3/21: Alta, UT Report: Main Chute Top To Bottom on a Gorgeous Day
- 11/2/21: Alta, UT Report: Embarrassed & Humbled on Day #1 in Main Chute Yesterday
- 11/1/21: The Alta Skiing Journal, Vol. 3: “Trick or Treating in the Ballroom”