Brought to you by Brian Head Resort & Elevenate
My guest today is Errol Kerr:
- Errol represented Jamaica as a skier in the Winter Olympics! How cool is that?
- Errol is a World Cup & Olympic Skier who competed in Skier Cross at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics
- Errol also went to the X Games five times
- He’s been in two Warren Miller Ski Movies
- Errol is currently on the cover of Ski Magazine and he’s the 1st person of color on any major North American ski publication
- Learning how Errol made his transition from alpine ski racer on the US Ski Team to Skier Cross Racer on the Jamaican ski team is fascinating
This episode is brought to you by Brian Head Resort, UT:
Lift tickets are as low as $29 at Brian Head Resort located in Southeastern Utah. You’ll also enjoy FREE $10 resort credit on select dates! Use your Couduroy Cash on resort restaurants, snow tubing, ski lessons and much more! While supplies last get $29 lift tickets with a bonus $10 Corduroy Cash, only at brianhead.com
Did you know kids ages 12 and younger SKI FREE at Brian Head Resort? Brian Head Resort is located in southern Utah where little rippers ski FREE – no purchase required! That’s FREE. F-R-E-E. Learn more at brianhead.com.
Get FREE lodging this season at Brian Head Resort! Stay minutes from the slopes and wake up rested to ski Utah’s famous powder. This deal won’t last long. Book your today at brianhead.com.
This episode of the SnowBrains Podcast is brought to you by Elevenate:
Not ready to compromise on quality, fit, and function? Elevenate ski gear is designed by athletes for athletes to feel like a second skin, infinitely comfortable to ski in, dependable and protective when nature shows its harshest side. Technical ski gear that allows you to discover the mountain without compromising. Designed and developed in Åre, Sweden. Discover this year’s collection at elevenate.com.
Elevenate was founded by professional skier Sara Rönngren and Professional mountain guide Jimmy Odén. They wanted to create the best ski gear. So, in 2010 they founded Elevenate. Designed in Åre, Sweden, combining the freeskier’s playful spirit with the mountain guide’s uncompromising attitude to gear. Tested on the mountains of their doorstep, with decades of skiing and curiosity going into every stitch and detail. Find your favorites at elevenate.com.
Damn it feels good to be a skier. right? Elevenate enhances the experience of freedom and exploration of the mountain with trustable gear. They never compromise when creating gear for long-term use in the mountains, whether this relates to the design process, the choice of materials, or production. Find the gear you can trust for years to come at elevenate.com.
If you enjoyed this podcast, please share it with friends & family, and please subscribe.
Follow SnowBrains: SnowBrains.com
Buy SnowBrains gear: SnowBrains.com/shop/
The SnowBrains Podcast Episode #52 – Errol Kerr – Jamaican Ski Team Olympic Skier, Cover of Ski Magazine, X-Games Competitor, Warren Miller Ski Movie Star
Recorded on October 5, 2022, in the Jackson Hole, WY (Miles Clark) and Lake Tahoe, CA (Errol Kerr).
This episode was edited by Jared White.
Music by Chad Crouch.
Host, producer, and creator = Miles Clark.
About The SnowBrains Podcast:
- Top 12% of all podcasts
- Interviews the most intelligent people in the snowsports industry and passes their fascinating knowledge to you, our listeners.
- We explore skiing, snowboarding, snowsports, avalanches, technology, climate, COVID, snow science, medicine, nutrition, fitness, technique, and cutting-edge adventure with our listeners.
- The SnowBrains Podcast is hosted by professional freeskier, professional mountain guide, UC Berkeley Molecular Cell Biology graduate, and the Founder & CEO of SnowBrains, Miles Clark.
- The SnowBrains Podcast will publish new episodes with riveting guests weekly this winter.
- Please share with your friends and family, and please subscribe.
Download & Subscribe to “The SnowBrains Podcast:”
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Podcast Addict
- Pocket Casts
- iHeart Radio
- Sounder. FM
The SnowBrains Podcast Season 1 Episodes:
- Episode #1: Why Is The Colorado Backcountry the Deadliest in the USA?
- Episode #2: Are Ski Resorts Safe To Visit During COVID-19?
- Episode #3: Why Do Skiers Tear Their ACLs So Frequently?
- Episode #4: What’s The #1 Tool Available To Skiers & Riders in Avalanche Terrain?
- Episode #5: Renaming Squaw Valley, CA & Squaw Alpine’s 2020/21 COVID Strategy
- Episode #6: Alta Ski Area – Skiing First, COVID, Canyon Traffic, & Possible Mt. Baldy Tram
- Episode #7: Andrew McLean, The Big Mountain Scientist [Part 1]
- Episode #8: Andrew McLean, The Big Mountain Scientist [Part 2]
- Episode #9: Whistler Blackcomb – Climate Change, The Future of Summer Skiing, COVID
- Episode #10: Chris Davenport – Legendary Freeskier, Ski Mountaineer, Mountain Guide
- Episode #11: Cody Townsend – Star & Producer of The Fifty Project
- Episode #12: Randall Osterhuber – Winter Survival Instructor, Search & Rescue Badass, Snow Scientist, Avalanche Forecaster, Mountain Guide
- Episode #13: Adrian Ballinger – Climbing Mt. Everest & K2 Without Supplemental Oxygen
- Episode #14: Bode Miller – The Winningest American Male Ski Racer of All-Time
- Episode #15: Dr. Ethan Greene – Why Did The USA Just Have Its Deadliest Avalanche Cycle in History?
- Episode #16: 27 Avalanche Deaths in Only 29-Days in the USA… Why Did the US Just See Its Deadliest Avalanche Cycle of All-Time?
- Episode #17: Dr. Michael Fischman: COVID Vaccine – When Will Ski Resorts Go Back To Normal?
- Episode #18: Jeremy Jones – Legendary Big Mountain Snowboarder, Climate Change Activist, CEO/Founder of Jones Snowboards
- Episode #19: Angela Hawse – President of the American Mountain Guide Association
- Episode #20: Daron Rahlves – 4 Time Olympian, King of Kitzbühel, and World Jet Ski Champion
The SnowBrains Podcast Season 2 Episodes:
- Episode #21 | Doug Stoup – More North & South Poles Than Anyone on Earth, Pro Soccer Player, Mountain Guide, Founder Ice Axe Expeditions
- Episode #22 | Bjarne Salen – Filmer of “The Fifty” w/ Cody Townsend, Hardcore Ski Mountaineer, Adventurer, Philosopher
- Episode #23 | Todd Offenbacher – Comedian, Mountain Guide, Body Builder, Badass Rock Climber, TV Personality, Climbing Community Builder
- Episode #24 | Scott Gaffney – Matchstick Productions Editor, Producer, Filmer, the G in Shane McConkey’s GNAR, Lake Tahoe Surfer, & Badass Freeskier
- Episode #25 | Ingrid Backstrom – Legendary Freeskier, Fierce Competitor, Game-Changer, Ski Movie Star
- Episode #26 | Dr. Ethan Greene, Director of CAIC – Why Did the USA Have the Most Avalanche Deaths in History Last Season?
- Episode #27 | Travis Ganong – Badass World Cup & Olympic Ski Racer, World-Class Freeskier
- Episode #28 | Tommy Moe – Olympic Gold Medal Ski Racer, Alaska Heli-Ski Guide, Co-Founder of Tordrillo Mountain Lodge in Alaska
- Episode #29 | Doug Fish – The Genius Who Created the Indy Pass, the Fastest Growing Multi-Mountain Pass on Earth With Over 80 Ski Resorts
- Episode #30 | Tom Day – Emmy Winning Cinematographer, 38 Years as Warren Miller Director/Filmer/Skier, “Blizzard of Aahhhs” Ski Movie Star, Smoothest Skier on Earth
- Episode #31 | Dr. Russ Costa PhD – Why People Do Dumb Shit in the Mountains!!
- Episode #32 | Eddie Taylor – Member of “Full Circle Everest” 1st All-Black Team to Attempt 29,032′ Mt. Everest
- Episode #33 | Park City Professional Ski Patrol – Battling Vail Resorts For a Living Wage
- Episode #34 | Julian Carr – 210-Foot World Record Cliff Invert, Pro Freeskier, Discrete Founder, X-Games Gold Medalist, Cirque Series Founder
- Episode #35 | Lel Tone – Alaska Heli-Ski Guide for 23-Years, Winner of National Geographic’s “Ultimate Survival Alaska,” Ski Patroller for 28-Years, Avalanche Professional
- Episode #36 | Scot Schmidt – The Original Freeskier
- Episode #37 | Elyse Saugstad – Ski Movie Star, Freeride World Tour Champion, Skier of the Year, 3x Best Line of the Year, In ESPN’s Top 50 Women in Action Sports
- Episode #38 | H.A.P.E. & The Ghost of La Anciana – Mexican Ghost Stories From 18,000 Feet
- Episode #39 | Jonny Moseley – Olympic Gold Medalist, Skiing Pioneer, Voice of Warren Miller, TV Personality
- Episode #40 | Connery Lundin – Naked on Cover of Powder Magazine, Freeskiing World Tour Champ, MSP & Warren Miller Ski Movie Star
The SnowBrains Podcast Season 3 Episodes:
- Episode #41 | Kit DesLauriers – 1st Person to Ski All of the “Seven Summits,” National Geographic Adventurer of the Year, 2-Time Freeskiing Champion
- Episode #42 | Utah Avalanche Center – Should We Use Avalanche Airbag Backpacks?, How To Stay Out of Avalanches, Updated “Know Before You Go”
- Episode #43 | Spot Insurance – US Health Insurance Sucks, Medical Bills Are The #1 Cause of Bankruptcy in America, Spot Can Help
- Episode #44 | Zahan Billimoria – IFMGA Mountain Guide, TGR Ski & Snowboard Movie Guide, Samsara Experience CEO, Jackson Hole Local
- Episode #45 | Mike Douglas – The Godfather of Freeskiing
- Episode #46 | Henri Rivers – President of the National Brotherhood of Skiers
- Episode #47 | Dr. Robb Gaffney MD – The G in GNAR, Ski Movie Star, Former Pro Freeskier, Activist, Medical Doctor of Psychiatry, Cancer Survivor
- Episode#48 | Kelly Pawlak – CEO of the National Ski Areas Association
- Episode #49 | Nina Aragon – Climate Scientist Discusses the State of the Western US Snowpack
- Episode #50 | Johnny Collinson – Pro Freeskier, Ski Movie Star, Youngest to Climb The 7 Summits, Fitness Guru